Agnostic.com

3 5

I see the murderers of Tiananman Square have got very upset at Nancy Pelosi going to Taiwan.

anglophone 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting how China is overreacting so much to a relatively minor event. Seems like the Chinese Government is.currently feeling vulnerable.

I don’t think a visit by Nancy Pelosi warrants that level of response.

I see China as being highly ambitious. I also see China as over-reacting to anything that it sees as even the slightest threat to its ambitions.

Listening to the rhetoric coming out of Beijing, it seems to me that it is quite prepared to reduce the whole of Taiwan to rubble and dust, this to make the people of Taiwan submit to the will of Beijing. I see China as making the same mistake in Taiwan as I see the USA making in Afghanistan. You can kill people, but you cannot kill a culture.

@anglophone Good points you made there. Especially about the resilience of a culture. Tibet comes to mind.

I think people underestimate the importance of cultural factors.

@Zealandia don't make me laugh. The Taiwanese Chinese are not native to Taiwan just another bunch of colonials!

@FrayedBear I wasn’t aware of that. Will look into it further.

And i/we should care becuz.....?

A nuclear war with China would be a bad thing. Was that a trick question?

@Druvius That’s the final outcome, agree that there’s a whole lot of other things that could happen before a nuclear war to make Chinese overreaction a shitshow for the rest of the world.

@Druvius Aannnd calling them murderers helps?

It's not the point. She didn't need to stir the pot. This has been going on for 72 years since it was called Formosa. Her trip wasn't helpful to anyone.

She felt the need to stir the pot over what she sees as abuse of human right in and by China.

@anglophone Maybe the United States should stay in their lane for a change.

@barjoe Why not also do that at the same time?

@barjoe Seems to me Pelosi is going against the wishes of her president, such a defender of democracy. Full of shite she is. Australia sent over the mad monk (Tony Abbott former PM) which also upset China and was about as useful.

@anglophone The Taiwanese Chinese are not native to Taiwan just another bunch of colonials! They pushed out & continue to abuse FNP Taiwanese.

@anglophone, @puff Taiwan is like Ukraine being used by USA to provoke non US countries.

@FrayedBear That's not true.

@barjoe which part is untrue in your opinion?

@FrayedBear Most of the island are native born to the island of Taiwan.

@barjoe Only because the Chinese started invading about 400 years ago & like the whites in USA started displacing the FNP. Look it up Joe.

@FrayedBear Like they want to invade now.

@barjoe The Chinese goal to colonize the world started at least 1000 years ago if not 3000+.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.