Agnostic.com

4 22

LINK Why the Kansas abortion vote is a win for democracy

Apparently people don't want their rights taken away because some religious zealots demand it for their god.

redbai 8 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is really a big victory in the red state. Do you think is a strong sign that Democrats will come out of woodwork including in the red state in November to send a message? I am hopeful but we have managed to fizzle out come November.

I think that overturning Roe has scared a lot of people. It's a new thing taking rights away from Americans and they apparently don't like it. I also think that the Republicans screwing vets last week pissed off a lot of people. They are making bad decisions and it's catching up to them.

@redbai

You think it will really turn the tide for Democrats? Republicans killing 22 babies in the Sandy Hook School did not help then.

I don't know any more what will outrage Democrat voters and wake from their slumber of apathy. Leaders like Biden are exciting Republicans, not Democrats. I hope Newsom jumps in in 2024.

@St-Sinner I think it will turn the tide against republicans. Whether Dems are bright enough to take advantage of that is an entirely different question.

Most Americans citizens are for abortion, as far as people, that is not a democracy against abortion. Under UN Corp there is a different. A president can not be called a leader of a country only of a corporation making US not of a democracy.. Most US presidents were once lawyers , and they are always messing around.

"Most Americans citizens are for abortion..." is not quite accurate. The two sides of the debate have taken the extreme positions, Pro wants unlimited and unrestricted abortions to the point of birth (all that late-term-abortion stuff), and anti wants abortion completely banned. The overwhelming majority of Americans want something in between the two. Both sides know that if we just set it (like Europe) to unrestricted up to between 12-20 weeks and only for health of mother or non-viability of the child after that, neither side wold be able to drum up enough support to change it again. Because that is pretty much what most American actually want. Yes, the two existing camps will continue to whine, but get nowhere.

That is, of course, why neither side will let that happen. If it did their fight would pretty much be over. And, all the political clout they have gained, and pedestals they have put themselves on would be gone. As long as one side or the other is winning, they get to keep fighting, and the money and political power keep rolling in.

Kind of like the drug war. Too many influential people's livelihood, and political influence depend on it for it ever to end.

@echosam

It has to be the most ongoing conflicting extreme topic that is never ending in North America. Both sides can't win, politics is strongly influenced by religious views and pendulum keeps swinging both ways and a ban on abortion won't stick. I agree, a comprises like Europe is more civilizated approach or it too much stressful, conflicting and a great waste of time, on both sides constantly. Personally we need less people on earth rather than more, especially unloved new born. It's not murder Genocide that religious often claim, its a natural process like within all species for healthier living.

The religious fanatics tried hard to get people to vote "yes" to change the Kansas Constitution to ban abortion, but they failed miserably. In the middle of the Bible Belt, the Christian zealots got their face slapped hard. 😂😂😂

This is because the repeal of Roe v Wade was not against abortion anyway. That whole move is all about white power and using religion as a crutch.

@DenoPenno The sooner the crutch of religion is kicked out from underneath all those mental and emotional defectives the better it will be for the nation.

For once! And it demonstrates that most Christians do not have as strong a conforming belief in what religionists SAY is their tenet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679617
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.