Agnostic.com

7 8

Here is a list of 50 misheard lyrics in songs. I dedicate this to @glennlab. My mother used to insist that the song "Arizona" was singing "Harry's doughnuts." 🍩

[stacker.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's like those old hymn characters, Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear, and Round John Virgin

Stevie Winwoods' "Iron Lung"

I called my mother mom Momanesa because of the song Mona Lisa.

I always heard the Rascal's,"You and me endlessly" as "You and me and Leslie"... I was baffled, who IS Leslie? A future child, a heretofore unmentioned love child, the unicorn in a threesome. Actually, mine has more depth and challenges the status quo.

Not misheard but misunderstood. When I was a child, I used to hate the hymn. "There is a green hill far away. " Because the next line went. "Without a city wall." Which I thought was just stupid, (A tautology, though I did not know that word then either.) because I did not understand the old outdated usage of "without" to mean 'outside of' or 'near to', I only knew the modern usage meaning 'lacking'. And I would think. "Well that is stupid, if it was a green hill it would not have a city wall would it, hills with city walls have houses on them."

Now I know though, that Blake, who wrote it, lived in an age when it was well known that the hill of the crucifixion, just like all the hills around Jerusalem, was barren and stony. And that the "green hill", was just a pompous pretentious metaphor, trying to associate Christ's death with spring, growth and rebirth etc. Yuck Christians ! So I still hate that hymn, even more than the rest.

Paul Young Every Time You Go Away
Every time you go away you take a piece of meat with you.
Correct;
“Every time you go away you take a piece of me with you”

Some of those are pretty far-fetched, but some have been misunderstood for years.

I always thought my mom hearing Harry's doughnuts was pretty far fetched.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.