Agnostic.com

41 6

Do you believe in love.

Do you believe in love? If so how do you describe it? Emotional/ physical? For me I see it only as a chemical/ biological reaction. I have never and probably will never get it. So your answers may help enlighten me.

Fluffykytten 5 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had been told by at least 3 women I remember that "I love to fall in love" but never with my heart, that is just an exercise or task that once obtained, time to wrap things up because there is nothing behind it or beyond it. So "my heart is unbreakable" or I am "emotionally unattached" (another woman said) while a different one called me "emotionally unavailable". I will be happy with a "kindred soul"... my heart will never be broken... "but I am still a good time". I am one of those guys that are better at goodbye than at hello. Never jealousy or envy in me. Never a Sore Loser. I am Lucky like that.

Love is one of those words that has been overused and abused to the point that it is almost meaningless. When I read 'Men Are From Mars' I got some good insights into the interactions between men and women.

I try not to believe in anything, but love is. I have no idea what love is, but it is.

Not sure about this anymore. When a relationship you thought would last until one of you died is ending you question the idea of monogamous, romantic love. Other kinds of love are easier to explain and believe in. To me love is recognizing and understanding the deep connections all around us.

Sure, just as I believe in laughter, hate, shame, contentment, pride, melancholia, and a slew of other feelings. And I know they're largely due to a certain balance of chemicals and hormones in the brain. Doesn't mean you don't feel love; it just means it occurs due to physiological conditions responding to emotions.

I challenge you to maintain that objectivity when time or disease, or accident take that beloved person from you. The pain is enough to kill. Indeed, it often does. Few things are so powerful. Show a healthy respect.

no, but I believe in very strong attraction. maybe that is love.

Yes. I assume you mean romantic love. It’s physical, emotional and intellectual. I generally deep and hard. Thankfully it hasn’t happened often. But unfortunately it hasn’t happened often enough.

1st response: Yup ~
2nd: An exclusively focused deepening attraction leading toward the desire to bond ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 5, 2017

Well, as Queensryche said.....

[facebook.com]

Budist talk on Love.....attachment

Yes, but not in a Romeo & Juliet way.
We love falling in love because it is a feel-good factor for some, sometimes selfish, sometimes more giving, it is all about the butterfly feelings in your tummy, we are all different, some can commit easily others will never be able to commit, like a bee and all that flowers,one of the best way the torture yourself, sometimes is addiction we think it is love. A different perspective for everybody, depends on your upbringing, surrounding, personality etc.. I don't think there is only one straight answer. As long as you are happy with yourself rest is fine. Thanks, izzy.

I feel love as a certain feeling of longing to be with someone like an attchment that was always there probably from a past life. I think thats what they mean when you see love at first sight and you hear bells. To ne hearing bells is kinda like a memory you can't remember face, names, or places, but the feeling is and always was.

Without it I wouldn't be the same person I am. So because of who I am... I believe.

I try to, I really really do, but I think it's as difficult to find as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

The chemical reaction your brain feels when stimulated through the 5 senses for prolonged periods of time can be construed as love. However every chemical has a half life. Some people just know how to remix the chemicals for multitudes of time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6800
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.