Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Former Attorney General Bill Barr says Jan. 6 grand jury activity suggests prosecutors "taking a hard look at the group at the top, including the president"

Former Attorney General Bill Barr says Jan. 6 grand jury activity suggests prosecutors "taking a hard look at the group at the top, including the president"

Updated on: August 5, 2022 / 8:38 PM / CBS News

Former Attorney General Bill Barr called the newest federal grand jury subpoenas probing the Jan. 6, 202, Capitol riot "a significant event," one that suggests that government prosecutors are probing high-ranking Trump administration officials and allies, and even former President Donald Trump.

"This suggests to me that they're taking a hard look at the group at the top, including the president and the people immediately around him who were involved in this," Barr told CBS News' Catherine Herridge in an interview Friday.

The grand jury has been meeting weekly; in late July, Marc Short, former Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, testified, and according to The Washington Post, Greg Jacob, Pence's chief counsel, was also interviewed by the grand jury. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish they would put 45 in prison & get it over with.

Can we discuss the many acts of malfeasance that Barr committed? How about baseless political prosecutions? How about suppressing investigations and prosecution for politics sake. The violations of Barr's oath of office should be prosecuted with vigor to demonstrate that corruption will not be tolerated. Crooks are sentenced to time in prison as punishment for their anti-social damage.

I think Barr took the job to preserve the DoJ and preserve records, like The Mueller Report, from being destroyed. He had to make 45 think he was on "the team" so liberals think him a MAGAT (ironically, Cons do not). I don't think he is but I'm not a Con.

Seems to me Barr would be on that list, even though he bailed when it went completely off the rails.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.