Agnostic.com

7 4

Question, is anyone noticing that they cannot send private messages to certain people? The message icon seems to be missing for some people. I’ve tried logging out and back in but that doesn’t help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 😉

Redheadedgammy 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just checked the settings option and it's possible that people can have restrictions on who can contact them.

That may be the problem with the other person’s settings. Maybe they don’t realize it. Mine are all set to accept messages. 😉

Could someone have blocked you. Ask a friend in a private message to see if they can message that same person. I don't remember it but there might be something in the settings for some people don't want to be messaged.

Could someone have blocked you. Ask a friend in a private message to see if they can message that same person. I don't remember it but there might be something in the settings for some people don't want to be messaged.

That could be the case, but someone I had had a private conversation with before, said in another conversation I was in that they couldn’t message me, so it got me thinking perhaps it’s a glitch in the site again. I checked my settings and I don’t have messages turned off, so I figured it’s just a glitch. 😉

Hello and good morning I havnt been on here for some time I don't know why but I am back again so another hello fom the Isle of Wight

Welcome back. Glad you came back to join all the great conversations! 🙂

Rhonda....just stop bothering George Clooney....ok?

oh Pam if he would just notice me I know we could have a thing. LOL

@Redheadedgammy Maybe someday he'll get tired of that skinny, beautiful, brilliant, compassionate known-around-the-world human rights attorney he somehow married?????

@LucyLoohoo They seem like a great couple! I’m happy they found each other, so I’ll have to resign myself to being single. 🤣

@Redheadedgammy Just stop harassing the man, OK????

🙂

@Redheadedgammy come on he's married with little babies.

@Lorajay Well, I wouldn’t want to be a home wrecker so I’ll stop bothering him. 🤣🤣🤣

@Redheadedgammy GOOD! Make it easy on him!

I believe that people can opt out of receiving pm's under settings.

I've gone to settings and see nothing that allows me to opt out or in for private messaging. I guess it's just one more fluke with the site again. Sure wish Admin would check in now and then. Guess we are no fun for him anymore.

@Redheadedgammy I think it might be the "who can contact you" setting that you use to whittle down the list.

@LovinLarge What I cannot figure out is why the button to send me a private message is missing from my profile. I've noticed it is missing for a few other people too. So you would not be able to send a private message if there is no button the click on. Very weird because I have had private message conversations with people in the past, but when I pull up their profile now the button is missing.

@Redheadedgammy On the "who can contact you" page of my account, there are 4 options that allow me to limit who can contact me: Community only members, dating members, members with photos and members with bios. So for instance, if I turn on the option that says a member has to have a picture to contact me, the option to message me is not going to appear for members without pictures.

By the way, when I pull up your profile the message option is available.

@LovinLarge Thanks for letting me know this info. I'm so tech challenged! I will go check that part of my bio out and see what I have checked off. Thanks again for the info.

So far so good but I Do suspect that there are problems with the system just based upon incompetence and then there is also the possibility of Russia and China based operatives trying to hack into the communication system in North America to try and disrupt things.

Would that mess with this site though?

@Redheadedgammy Well we have had some major outages of internet services locally and they were very close together by different providers. 2 of these events were a week apart and effected major providers of internet services, no real reason has been given to explain why this happened and if the internet goes down then it effects all sites, including this one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.