Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK Senate Republicans block $35 cap on price of insulin from Democratic bill

(IMO, Medicines which mean life or death should be regulated to prevent price gouging and profiteering.)

Washington — Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill.

The Senate on Saturday night began consideration of more than 30 amendments to the Inflation Reduction Act, Democrats' $700 billion legislation that aims to combat climate change, raise taxes on large corporations and address rising health care costs.

Amid the proposed changes to the plan was to set the $35 per month cap on insulin, the pricy medication needed to treat diabetes. Seven Republican senators voted with all 50 Democrats to keep the price ceiling in the legislation: Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dan Sullivan of Alaska. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imagine what the world could be like without Republicons.

May they all need it soon......

I second that. I wonder how much it costs with their elitist specialty insurance? Maybe a better wish is that someone they love that isn't covered under their congressional plan needs it soon.

@Lauren There's nobody these folks love. I'm surprised these names voted against:
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.