Agnostic.com

6 13

Forget wars, forget exPresident's home being raided, Australia mourns the death of Olivia Newton-John.

Links to some of the tributes:

[abc.net.au]

FrayedBear 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ONJ was great, but I am (we are) NOT forgetting about Putin's illegal, immoral, illegitimate, and ill-conceived invasion of Ukraine. Nor are we taking our eye off the Orange Foolius and Christian nationalists who are trying to turn us into a theocratic dictatorship.

@TheMiddleWay I'm assuming you are speaking to Frayedbear.

@TheMiddleWay @FlyingSaucerSir what do you call someone who pours petrol on someone then gives them a box of matches having told them all their life that they are an inferior unworthy person not fit for life & drives them to strike a match?
The expression moronic murdering psychopath comes to mind. What do you call them?

And what of Bidenโ€™s illegal Assassination of the Al-Qaeda Leaders?

@FrayedBear You're barking up the wrong fuckin' tree with this one if you're trying to gain the sympathies of Americans. There is likely single digit percent of Americans that give a single fuck or more about the assassination of a dude that helped plan 9/11. I'm liberal as fuck, and generally don't disagree with the premise that weak poor countries will need to do whatever they need to to fight back, and even I couldn't possibly care less about that, ESPECIALLY at a time when everything is falling apart at home and people are losing fundamental rights.

@FrayedBear You had me scratching my head over the nonsequitur questions about petrol, matches, and psychopaths. It was a splendid diversion, misdirecting attention away from your heroic defense of Vlad the Invader and his little sidekick, Done Cheato, aka Orange Foolius. You really should have quit while you were ahead. Instead, you tipped your hand and we all got a look at your cards. Now we can all see that you not only support the corrupt authoritarians who who make serfs of us all, but also sympathize with the fanatical religious terrorists that would blow us all to smithereens. Thank you for clarifying your position, Frayed Russian bear.

@Flyingsaucesir lol. On petrol & matches - the giver has been USA for more than 100 years. You refuse to admit it. Just as if Assange dies in US or British custody in the next 20 months there will be no responsibility taken by you cowardly bullying hypocrites.
I know that USA has a high number of judicial executions but seriously has it been unequivocally proven in reputable court that Bin Laden & Ayman al-Zawahiri were responsible for plotting 9\11 or is it just more American wmd (words of mass deception)?

And do the precedents of the two men's murders mean that any American suspected of causing unlawful death can be similarly obliterated & their lives extinguished? If not why not?

Prove that you are not a country of delusionally psychotic people!

@FrayedBear If you have been paying attention at all, you already know that I have been and continue to be openly critical of some US policies and actions at home and abroad. But I also believe that this country has great potential. And we have made progress, though it has been frustratingly halting and slow. One thing is for sure: it's a hell of a lot better than Russia under Vlad the Invader.

@Flyingsaucesir try asking yourself what life in Russia would be like without American interference, sanctions, prejudice, paranoia & xenophobia!

@FrayedBear I think it would be really tough. As it is in any kleptocracy.

@Flyingsaucesir but wouldn't it be better than what you claim is the best in the world?

@FrayedBear Under Vlad the Invader, a true despot and tyrant, with no rule of law, no freedom of speech, no free press, no civil rights protections, no representative democracy, no accountability for thieving oligarchs? No. Russia would not be better than the USA.

Check it out bra: we are in the process of proving that we truly have rule if law here in the US. A former president is under investigation by Congress and by the Justice Department, and he just had his house raided by the FBI. It's a beautiful thing! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Flyingsaucesir a beautiful thing or mere political thuggery? Time will tell. Much of what Trump has identified is correct you simply don't want to belief that former presidents such as Bush, Clinton,& Obama are all uncharged lying murdering bastards.

@FrayedBear Bush for sure is a war criminal. And I'm no fan of the collateral damage from Obama Administration era drone strikes. But Clinton? The Serbs deserved to get their asses kicked. You're one for three on that score.

As for Trump, he badmouths everyone who isn't a white supremacist or Christian nationalist. It doesn't exactly make him a paragon of virtue. Meanwhile, he is a pathological liar, a tax evader, a bank and insurance fraudster, a racist bigot, a scam artist (see Trump University), a cheapskate (see all the contractors he stiffed and screwed), a 3rd rate TV personality (The Apprentice was a shitty show on multiple levels), and, of course, a treasonous insurrectionist. But he will look splendid in an orange jumpsuit. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@FrayedBear I'm not sure but all assassinations are illegal.

@DenoPenno So why does USA & its presidents think that they are not?

@FrayedBear This question goes way beyond USA and its presidents.

@Flyingsaucesir US crimes in Yugoslavia during the Clinton regime are extensively reported on the net by many organisations:
[huffpost.com]

@DenoPenno Undoubtedly.

Oh, that is so sad. She was a beautiful entertainer with a lovely singing voice. It is truly a sad day. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Betty Level 8 Aug 9, 2022

Would have been much better if Trump would have died of breast cancer.

@TheMiddleWay Frayedbear started it. He really wants us to forget about Ukraine, not just in the moment, but forever. Putin is counting on short attention spans, hoping we will be distracted. But let's face it. The death of ONJ from natural causes is nothing compared to the ongoing slaughter of innocents in Ukraine by a bloody Russian dictator. Just imagine YOUR house, YOUR city, YOUR country being shelled and strafed daily.

@TheMiddleWay
Nothing like a straight white upper-class man to say you shouldn't talk about the strife of women and minorities caused by the worst most dangerous president this country has ever seen because "it doesn't make for nice conversation".

@Flyingsaucesir How conveniently you forget that successive US governments have long been creating the Ukraine & many other similar situations in order to keep politicians in office & benefit the US.
Try answering my question " @TheMiddleWay @FlyingSaucerSir what do you call someone who pours petrol on someone then gives them a box of matches having told them all their life that they are an inferior unworthy person not fit for life & drives them to strike a match?
The expression moronic murdering psychopath comes to mind. What do you call them?"

@FrayedBear I wasn't talking about Ukraine. And I don't give a fuck about precipitating events that you think justify what Putin is doing, nor do I even know who you're referring to. First you said successive governments, then you refer to a single person. I suppose if that single person you're talking about was Trump, I clearly wouldn't disagree with the label "moronic murdering psychopath". All I said was that the piece of human excrement that was the 45th president would have been a much more deserving candidate for a long painful failed battle with breast cancer than ONJ, or pretty much any other human being I can think of on the face of the planet.

@TheMiddleWay
Also, I'd like to point out that as inflammatory as you think the three of us are YOU were the first person to personally attack another member of this site. @FrayedBear and I disagree about as much as two people can and neither of us made a personal attack on the other. Same with @Flyingsaucesir and Bear. I imagine they don't see eye to eye on anything, yet neither of them made a personal attack.
And if you would like a ladder to get down off that high horse of yours, you might recognize a LOT of people have blocked you, too.

@ChestRockfield the plural is actual the singular is hypothetical.

@ChestRockfield, @TheMiddleWay , @Flyingsaucesir

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
And
[en.m.wikipedia.org]
[en.m.wikipedia.org]
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

identify that it is probably not clever to cast aspersions when your country is known to have done similar!

@FrayedBear Again, I don't care about any of that. I already said I wasn't taking about Ukraine. But just because your own country has done fucked up shit doesn't mean you can't call out another country for doing fucked up shit, especially when you also agree your country was wrong in its actions...

@ChestRockfield Thank you. I simply have a problem with the "holier than thee" attitude of most on the topic who demonise Russia & Russians. The nation & its people have contributed much to humanity but have largely been mistreated by western nations.

@FrayedBear Well that ain't me. I don't know who exactly would say the US hasn't done fucked up shit (let alone the highest quantity of the most fucked up shit). Do you have examples of that happening here? An American claiming the US hasn't done awful shit and that's why they can admonish Russia? Please quote, tag, and use the q link so I can see it.

@ChestRockfield precisely. There is huge demonisation of Russia & Russians without first admitting that such calling out is simply the pot calling the kettle black. Sadly with modern stove tops that is a dying phrase.

@FrayedBear Woah, I think you're taking this one step too far. One shouldn't have to verbally acknowledge every single event another could use some whataboutism on before stating their piece. That would be intellectually and logistically impossible. The only time the whataboutism would invalidate their claim of wrongdoing would be if the claimant based their admonishment on the underlying claim that they were the moral authority.
Also, I don't think people are demonizing Russians per se. But Russia/Putin. I sure hope the rest of the world doesn't blame me for Trump's actions...

@ChestRockfield "blame me for Trump's actions..." - of course we do. However in the great cosmic scale Trump's wrongdoings have been but a trifle compared to the Clinton's, the Bush's, Obama's, Kissinger's, . . . Sanctions have been imposed by Americans against the Russian people, the Cubans, the Venezuelan 's, the American FNP, the Mexicans and anyone else that you want to disadvantage in order to shore up your corrupt lifestyles.

@FrayedBear If you think any of those people are worse than Trump, you have no idea what you're talking about. Trump very nearly ended our democracy. (Some say he actually did and we no longer classify as a full democracy.) If you think a democratic USA is bad for others around the world, you'd shit your pants if we were a dictatorship.

@ChestRockfield you have a democracy? Can you say on your ballot paper that none of the candidates are fit to represent you?

@FrayedBear That's your definition of democracy? Seems more a prelude to a plea for a philosopher king. Which, of course, would also get corrupted by nature of the selfishness and awfulness of humans.

โ€˜Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.โ€ฆโ€™

-Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947

@ChestRockfield interesting quote from a loquacious right wing opportunistic war addicted bricklayer. As soon as WWII ended he was out of power.

@FrayedBear True words are true words regardless of who speaks them.

@ChestRockfield truth is only in the eye of the beholder desiring belief.

That's sad, I always liked her. If I ever had a daughter I wanted to name her Olivia. R.I.P. Olivia.

She was a beautiful woman with an angelic voice, cancer is a shitty disease and I for one jacked off to her physical video countless times, rest in peace Olivia.

Too much information bra ๐Ÿ˜‚

Loved her in "Sordid Lives". She will be missed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.