Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK How Medicare prescription drug coverage would change under U.S. Senate Democrats’ bill

Details for this part of the bill, as well. It appears to me that the bill is more of a paper accomplishment than a real life one. I suppose getting something, instead of nothing, was worth all the compromises, though. Our collective tombstone will say something about the cause of death being compromise.

rainmanjr 8 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Drugs that would qualify would include those that don’t have generic or what is called biosimilar equivalents — copies of more complex drugs. Depending on their type, it would have to be nine or more years since their approval by the Food and Drug Administration, which means newer drugs would not be included."

Not sure how to think about this. Would this wind up limiting choices?

Yes. If the drug you need is not capped then you pay whatever the market cost is. I have no intention of taking on such treatments so it probably doesn't affect me. If I get a diagnosis of that kind then I'll take a trip and spend some dough.

Part of being in a democracy, especially one split so close to evenly in the government. It’s all about compromise and gamesmanship.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.