Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Before 'Hamilton,' The Door McAllen church stole 'Beauty and the Beast'

The Door McAllen, a church in Texas, has been under serious scrutiny for the past several days after performing an unlicensed, Jesus-centric production of Hamilton over the weekend. The show is not available for any outside group to perform right now, much less a church that changes the show’s message. Making matters worse, Friday night’s performance ended with a short sermon that mentioned “homosexuality” as a struggle people needed to overcome.

This morning, Hamilton‘s creator Lin-Manuel Miranda finally chimed in with a tweet. He called the show an “illegal, unauthorized production,” linked to a statement from the Dramatists Guild which called out the church’s “brazen infringement,” and let people know lawyers were on the case:

Grateful to all of you who reached out about this illegal, unauthorized production. Now lawyers do their work.
And always grateful to the @dramatistsguild, who have the backs of writers everywhere, be it your first play or your fiftieth. 1/2 <a href="https://t.co/yMtM3z9crI" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" class="forumlink">[t.co]</a>
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) August 10, 2022

But one thing missing from this story is the fact that this particular church has been doing this sort of thing for years, taking popular secular movies or shows and Christianizing them. An archived version of the website for The Door McAllen shows they’ve done this sort of thing for Despicable Me, Toy Story, and Beauty and the Beast....

(I guess "Thous shalt not steal" isn't taken very seriously at this church... at least not as seriously as "show me the money." )

snytiger6 9 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you tired of dealing with high energy bills and the hassle of constantly replacing burnt-out light bulbs? If so, it's time to switch to round LED light fixtures. Not only do these innovative lighting solutions use a fraction of the energy of traditional incandescent bulbs, they also last significantly longer, reducing the need for frequent replacements. Additionally, LED lights are available in a wide range of color view website temperatures and brightness levels, allowing you to customize your lighting to suit your needs and preferences. So if you're ready to save money and enjoy better lighting performance, explore our selection of round LED light fixtures today!

Thou shalt not steal comes from the 10 commandments in the OLD Testament, which, per some cult sects, was replaced by Jesus's 'teachings'. I'll suggest that creativity and originality is not their strong point.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:680972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.