Agnostic.com

10 12

LINK Canada will soon offer doctor-assisted death to the mentally ill. Who should be eligible? | National Post

As America's highest court de-evolves the entire country, Canada is going full-on progressive.

SeaGreenEyez 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We should allow Trump to emigrate to Canada so hew can be put on the list.

I think anyone who wants to shuffle off this mortal coil should be permitted to.
Life is NOT "precious", if someone really wants to skip out on it, being allowed to do it as painlessly as possible is completely humane.
Being mentally ill is no picnic for anyone.

Couldn't agree more. Why make people who find life a drag keep on keeping on. Seems downright cruel to handle it any other way.

My wife just told me that the authorities are trying to get the source of flyers being passed out in poor neighbourhoods and psychiatric wards in Ontario that are promoting assisted suicide. I have a horrible feeling that some far right group will be found to be behind this and crazy xstians to boot.

It should be a right to end it for any individual. When I have enough I should have a choice to end it.

Per capita Canada has more homeless than the US. I won a contract to build a homeless village self sufficient tiny house community in Vancouver, BC , that later I refused.
One serious problem is the organization told me 75% of the homeless were mentally ill. From decades of experience running my own businesses, success comes from 80% management. In my books these public servants management are mentally ill , not their clients as much. I build for minimum wage housing , so many do not fall into the cracks of mentally ill. Half our taxes go to health care, leaving too many other things unbalanced.

No Government is allowed to touch my brain nor body with drugs, vaccines nor mass hysteria hypocrisy.

Canada actually counts their homeless people, the USA just ignores them and under counts by orders of magnitude. Glad you passed on the project, homeless people need something better than whatever you were bidding.

@SnowyOwl

I'm not equipped to deal with mentally ill lifestyle. the Government says 20% of Canadain are mentally ill in some way. . Since covid I offer tiny housing for minimum wage people , most are better off. Even with though all the kinds of loop holes. I Manage to get through living in the gray area zone. Which is a better alternative, than what the Government offers.

Good for Canada. I understand that it's complex, and it should be, but the entire underpinning of our laws on end of life is based on the religious belief that it's a sin, which is ridiculous. Sometimes life is untenable, and sometimes it's not fixable, and people should have a right to control how they deal with that.

@SeaGreenEyez I dunno. It may be an adjustment, but I think a pleasant one for some of us who are accustomed to thinking of the welfare of society as a whole as opposed to the poisonous hate that's intrinsic to our systems. I think you and I already fit right in with their thinking, so we'd be elated. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

@Lauren But it is so fucking cold! I wish it was where Mexico is.

@Sticks48 Trust me, if it wasn't for the cold I never would have left two decades ago! It's not my first choice, but Mexico is still on the list.

I would think if the person were mentally ill, that there would be a slew of alternatives to death.

That being said, for persons who are terminally ill, I do think suicide should be a legal option if they only face a life of pain and suffering.

Quality of life is important and should be a consideration, but for mentally ill persons there are medications and therapies to try first.

I fully support doctor assisted death but NOT to the mentally ill. My view is that you would have to be sane to make a correct decision on dying. A person might want to die for a variety of reasons but being insane or mentally ill should not be a valid choice.

Spouse or partner matters should not be considered a reason to die and neither should overwhelming debt. None of the "poor me's" should be considered valid for a departure from life. For those who disagree, go do your own death.

Anyone who wishes to exit. This is much better than in the US, where “death by cop” or death by ramming your car through someone’s house, etc are the preferred methods of ending your life.

Sounds like something that should be fully legalized here in the US. The religious zealots have kept such illegal for far too long.

Here's a quick background on the National Post for anyone interested.-
[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

@SeaGreenEyez

It really shouldn't be happening in Canada. From
A few experiences working in China and Russia.
Canada is becoming more Communists than they are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.