Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Ron DeSantis defends FBI. He says Mar-a-Lago was not raided. - YouTube

What do you make of this? Ron DeSantis defending FBI and ripping Sean Hannity a new asshole. He made Lara Trump look as stupid as her husband. This is his ambition taking over, he thinks Trump is vulnerable. He is the governor of the state where the warrant was served so he knows something. I'm curious to know what other people's take is on this.
*** Some people are saying this is fake. Had me fooled. Twitter flagged it: Stay Informed. "Manipulated Media" [twitter.com]

barjoe 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I went into this knowing it was faked and it looks weird. They pause DeSantis for quite a while. Hannity is on a loop where he looks like a DJ scratching a record. Lara Trump looks like she’s having a seizure the way she blinks her eyes. If I hadn’t known it was faked I don’t know if I would have noticed these clues and thought the video odd in flow.

Good fodder for applying information literacy practice.

Initially, he ripped the FBI for executing the search warrant.
Deathsantis is a two-faced, backstabbing, lying, sack of shit.
He's an opportunistic asshat.

the video is fake.

@MyTVC15 I didn't see it. I didn't even know about it until this post. I said what I did because it's how I truly feel about him. Regardless of the veracity of this, or any other video.
Unfortunately, his idiot supporters won't understand what a "deep-fake" is, and accept whatever bullshit they're told. The creation of these things is dangerous for everyone.

He would love to see Trump crash and burn! That would give him the crazed Republican crown without a fight, at least in his calculations I would imagine.

This is a doctored video. Please add that to the main post. [snopes.com]

No. It's not. Had me fooled.

When the Secret Service knew about this in advance the action is not really a raid. The whole process was to get back documents that Trump should not have, some of which are highly classified. Trump claims he declassified those documents when he was president but common sense will show that he has no power of his own to take that action. This is why the agencies involved are concerned. Why did Trump want the documents? He has no right to have them and nobody knew what he might do with them.

As for DeSantis, we all know his political ambitions but he was spot on in this short interview. The media is close to asserting that doors were broken down. That did not happen.

As discussed below, the video is fake, verified by snopes. DeSantis was one of the first to jump on the Trump bandwagon.

@MyTVC15 had me fooled

@barjoe I let myself get sucked right in. I try not to do that so I am glad it was fact checked. I really hate fake news.

That is not what he was saying on Monday. "DeSantis said the search was politically motivated, claiming the Biden administration was using federal agencies to target its rivals."
[huffpost.com]

ADV

Snopes called the Hannity tape of DeSantis fake. I just read that.

@Beowulfsfriend Wow! It was a good one. Had me totally fooled. Good on you for fact checking. I knew what he had said on Monday so the vid did not change my mind about him, but it did seem real (although awkward.

@Beowulfsfriend They got over on me lol. Twitter has flagged it and will prolly take it down or suspend the poster.

Positioning himself to be the republican candidate. He currently has a small lead over tRump in republican polling.

He is just as bad.

@MyTVC15 possibly worse as he is a "real" politician - he seeks power more than money.

@Beowulfsfriend and he is more articulate.

@MyTVC15 He is not only more articulate he also has more than $125 million in preparation for his run.

His personality is bland and abrasive simultaneously which is a hell of an accomplishment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.