Agnostic.com

6 5

Are you an empath? Take the quiz

Remember, Being an empath is different from being empathetic. Being empathetic is when your heart goes out to someone else. Being an empath means you can actually feel another person’s happiness or sadness in your own body.

[drjudithorloff.com]

FvckY0u 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I liked the quiz on 16personalities better. There is a more detailed description of the personalities.

I was once, but I couldn't help but notice most people did not care about others, so I gave it up for Lent in, I think, 1972, and never looked back.

I had too many "well, sort of, sometimes" answers for this to be very accurate for me. And most of my definitive "yes" responses hinged on the fact that I'm strongly introverted. So, I don't think I learned very much about myself — but, just being a little introspective, I'd say that I'm not as empathic as this quiz might suggest.

I am only a partial. Most of my closest friends and family have always accused me of being too generous. I think that is a result of having empathy. When I read about the description of someone who is an empath, I'm actually glad I don't have that characteristic because it sounds quite painful.

It would be wise to remember that this is made by a person who has stuff to sell, it is therefore very unlikely that there is anyone who will not get a high score in the test. And if you read it cynically, a lot of the questions are such that you have to ask yourself, would anybody give the negative answer to that ?

Maybe I count as a cynical old goat, so forget what I just said. But at least it seems I am an empath.

@FvckY0u No I am pretty cynical all the time, it is the way I think. I am also a bit of a nihilist too. But I always say that I am a happy cynic and nihilist, because I work on the old idea that if you expect little, you won't be disappointed, and people always do exceed expectations.

As to the test. Well the first thing that I always ask when shown a form or list of questions, is. Does this person have a agenda ? I remember when I was about twelve seeing a test for "artistic" skills, at which I did very well, then I discovered that it came from a company selling art courses and matterials. So I passed it round and it turned out nearly everyone I knew was an artistic genius . LOL

I scored moderate. I believe that years ago I was much more, but time and conditions and life dumps have forced me to, at least try, be more stoic and avoidant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.