Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK An evangelical pastor demonized 'wokeism' after lying about its meaning

As someone who posts a lot of videos of Pastors Behaving Badly, I frequently hear criticism that I am focusing too much on the fringes of evangelical Christianity. Why not cover what more mainstream pastors say, the critics asks, since they represent a larger proportion of the faith?

While I disagree with that premise, you can’t really get more mainstream than Ed Young, the senior pastor of Fellowship Church in Texas. It’s one of the largest churches in the country and Young is not a fringe figure by any means. He’s a stereotypical white evangelical pastor, with all the quirks and habits that come with it.

Which is why yesterday, the pastor spent his entire sermon denouncing “wokeism.”

He took a right-wing exaggeration of the term, spread his version of that lie to the congregation, and completely ignored the basis of why people are concerned about racial injustice. A clip is below, but the full sermon is right underneath that. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So many evangelicals are total fucking assholes

That is what they do most of the time. Not many honest or honorable priests around, especially in the US.

He claims Wokeism is authoritarian!! So projection is inescapable.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681656
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.