Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK Could Ice Cream Be Healthier Than A Multigrain Bagel? - HealthDigest.com

According to the study, an ice cream cone with nuts and chocolate ice cream scores a 37, while a multigrain bagel with raisins gets a sad 19. More good news for me: plain Fritos chips received a 55. But before you switch to a Fritos and ice cream diet, veggies still ranked highest in terms of health.

barjoe 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all scream for ice cream. Like him and say now make it lactose free. If anyone finds any fat-free, sugar-free, lactose-free ice cream please tell me about it.

My Walmart has several lines of lactose-free, using coconut milk or soy.

Milk versus wheat.....even 40+ years ago my fitness spa advocated ice cream over cake

obviously.

I would think low or fat-free frozen yogurt would be better, except for the sugar.

The Fritos got me. I always get Doritos but when I was a kid they weren't invented yet. I loved to munch, munch, munch a bunch of Fritos...Corn Chips. Ima go run to the Wawa. Young people never heard that, they never even heard of the Frito Bandito. Today that commercial would get cancelled.

I loved Fritos, nachos with plenty of cheese, too, but my cardiologist has banned most good tasting food from my diet. It's almond/rice crackers and hummus for me now, and actually they don't taste half bad.

It seems that each of these foods can fill you up with carbohydrates. However, ice cream contains lactose, which can cause allergies in people. The consequences of such an allergy can vary. Some patients then suffer from large ulcers on the skin, leaving scars after they heal. In such cases, you have to seek help from dermatologists. In severe cases, you may need help [realself.com] . I am familiar with this because I, too, have worked with patients like this. So you'd better eat a croissant.

I had a doctor once say if you get up for a late night snack eat ice cream, as it has some benefits versus so much other stuff with no benefits.

This is if you are eating "junk" foods.

Calcium, for one, which is great for circulation and quieting restless leg syndrome.

@rainmanjr Restless leg syndrome sucks. I experienced it from a medicine interaction. I would have preferred pain over it.

@rainmanjr Be careful though, because calcium can also calcify your arteries, which is irreversible.

@Beowulfsfriend My brother discovered that it helps so I started taking an antacid tablet on such nights and concur. It works.
@Organist1 Calcium is also unhelpful for the prostate so I just take that tab when needed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:682018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.