Agnostic.com

1 2

[news.yahoo.com]

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”

noworry28 8 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Barr took the job to watch 45, protect important doc's from being destroyed or shared with foreign powers (Putin), and try to keep the oaf from going too far. There's only so much an AG mole can do but he's the reason Garland has a full Mueller Report. For those who want to point out how he supported 45 it was only in ways Barr couldn't stop or had to in order to keep the job. The second his approval would have made Barr a criminal he quit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683358
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.