Agnostic.com

8 14

LINK White House shines light on Republicans who are criticizing student debt cancellation after getting their PPP loans forgiven

Apparently forgiving 10K of the debt of educational expenses of lower and middle-class citizens is a sign of moral inferiority but forgiving hundreds of thousands in debt for businesses of politicians that says nothing about the morals of those running that business. I smell hypocrisy again.

redbai 8 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Damn straight. And here's the thing: they keep yelling about how unfair it is, but they are not taking into account the fact that the cost of higher education has gone up and up and up. People with student debt today, on average, have bigger debt than in the past. And a lot of that is due to outrageously high interest rates on the loans; 8%, 10%, or more; way above the rate of inflation. 3% would be reasonable. We want to encourage people to seek education. Nobody should be profiting off of student debt.

The loans I took out in the 80s were at 12%. I consolidated in 2008 @ 6.8%. If you only ever pay the minimum for anything over 3.5 % you never pay it off. I have been saying for many years that my achievable goal in life is to die owing my student loans. If they forgive my loans I will have to establish a new goal. But they better do it soon cuz I'm going down fast.

@MyTVC15 12%! 🤬

@Flyingsaucesir I got married right out of college, had a baby soon afterward and was not able to land a teaching job (until I got my masters in 2008). In the 80s the interest on a mortgage was 18%. We did not buy a house until our daughter was 12. For 20 years I was a highly educated nursing assistant.

More Historic Hypocrisy Betsy DeVos $3.5 Million, KUSHNER $3 Million, NewsMax 2.5 Million, Tucker Carlson $700,000, Prager $700,000, Matt Gaetz $475,000, etc.

Typical GOP behavior. If it were a Republican in the White House, they would be loving it - singing its praises. These days, since Dixiecrats took over the party, they are all about power (and corruption) and only what's good for them and their political contributors.

Republicans are always against anything that will help the People.
Yet, they're completely fine with anything that helps them.

Fuck them all.

Or big pharma, big oil, the insurance industry, all big business.

@CuddyCruiser Dude!! Where the hell have you been?!! Long time, no post.
Hope you're well.

@KKGator Ay there!! All is well, hope everything’s good by you…….been busy the last several months doing over a dozen residential central air conditioning installation jobs on the side alongside a full time job. I usually do 4-5 a year, but I just for whatever reason got what I got……but I’m not complaining in any way, I made an extra $17,000 tax free. Can’t beat that.

I have been paying my student loans since 1987. I am 60 years old now and I still owe 31k because most of what I paid was interest. I figure I paid for at least one of Betsy DeVas' yachts. I know people who benefited from PPP and who are going to benefit from the CHIPS bill. Why, when it is something that benefits me are there so many people complaining about it? I want to also point out that I am just a lowly teacher. I do not make as much money as my plumber. I know he went to community college and he may have taken out some loans, but I had to get a Masters to even get a teaching job. I have to continually take classes to keep my license and my job. My sister, who has spent her life making chips, makes the same amount of $ as I do but she does not have these loans on her back.

Entitlement and greed.

Betty Level 8 Aug 26, 2022

Welcome to the refusal by mental defectives to acknowledge their own limitations of cognitive ability.

That's the way it has always worked.

Then it has always sucked.

@Flyingsaucesir It doesn't suck if you are on the privileged side of the equation.

@jlynn37 Ah, well as a believer in the greater good and the idea that rising tides float all boats, I think that even the privileged have been deprived of something by a system that keeps some people down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.