Agnostic.com

18 6

LINK The World Has Lost Common Sense

We have a guy in a nearby rural community who writes almost monthly letters to the paper on the same basic theme that all of our problems stem from not adherence to the Bible. This time I think his senility really starting to show. I tried making a link but I don't think it worked right so I deleted that post. So here is the letter, I left out his name.

The World Has Lost Common Sense
"As we observe the changes taking place around the world, and globalization taking over, we have to wonder what is happening. The era we are living in is so much different from our culture 120 years ago.
Think of the generations in humanity that have taken place in the approximately 6,000 years of mankind.
I believe that a generation is about 70 to 75 years, and a new generation begins about every 20 to 25 years. I was born in 1931 and believe that my generation has seen the biggest changes in history.
I recall using horses for farming, and they have invented tractors now that can drive themselves. The technology of the internet and smartphones, etc., is a tremendous change from older times of communication.
One of the biggest changes that has taken place in history is women’s clothing. For about 5,900 years, women did not wear men’s clothing. Why? Because according to Deuteronomy 22:5, it is an abomination to God.
I don’t imagine that men would wear ladies’ slacks. However, let’s think about the past.
Before World War II, I don’t believe you could find a photograph of a lady without a dress on. Even in the 1950s, women still wore dresses in movies, etc.
I’m not just talking about women, either.
Before 20 or 30 years ago, did you ever see a man wearing shorts? I don’t believe I did! As a kid we might have worn shorts up to 5 years old, but after that if you wore shorts you were a sissy.
Well, what I am getting at is that the whole world has changed drastically since globalization has taken over, and who is the ruler of the world?
That old devil, Satan by name. The only answer to our problems can be found in the Holy Bible.
The whole world seems to have lost motivation and common sense."

ClassicalRebel 5 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Link: [pantagraph.com]

John Gramm of Gridley, Illinois belongs to a time that ended 200 years ago.

Research doesn't seem to be his strong suit. No reasonable or sane person could possibly take this seriously.

Betty Level 8 Aug 27, 2022

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Facts don't matter, just what he believes. No one will miss him when he is gone.

He needs to add a few photographs to his collection. Like 1000's maybe.
A few books might help, even if they are just picture books.
He needs to find a few additional brain cells too.
Maybe leave his front porch for once in his life?

Additionally....this guy needs some common sense (Hint: The world is NOT all about YOU)

twill Level 7 Aug 27, 2022

Again, the answers to the worlds problems lay in the type of clothing that women wear. I say it again, time to get fitted for a burka.

@Gwendolyn2018 sure feels like it.

@Gwendolyn2018 I do not know if that is true, but I hope so.

This guy is longing for the times that white Heterosexual men were in charge of everything. He is using the Buybull as his reasoning. 😉

Sorry, I could never take this person seriously.

Isn't it strange that after 91 years of life, this old guy has still not learned to accept change? I wonder to what extent his stunted growth is due to his Christian beliefs. Probably a lot.

This guy should study Buddhism; he would learn that change is inevitable, and nothing to be feared.

It gets kinda hot where I live, so I wear shorts about six months out of the year. I guess I'd rather be a comfortable sissy than conform to some antiquated notion of masculinity. 😂

Satan wants women to wear comfortable practical clothing? Wouldn't that be a point in his favor?

This letter has been written countless times in history. The details change, but the stupidity and bigotry remain the same.

Just a bunch of "I believe's". No evidence or proof. Just a lot personal feelings.

I contend that humanity has never really had a whole lot of common sense.
Especially as it applies to believing in gods and religion.

There has never been common sense!!!

Only a few actually realize that center things in this universe work a certain way and any divination just does cause good karma!!!

In other words total BS!!!

Just a common sense point of view or not!!!

I should have scrolled through the comments before commenting.😉

He is globsmacked by change and his ideas of mankind around for only 6000 years. None of us like change unless that change is openly doing something good for us. If we do not understand it then it must be bad. I'm wondering how he can get all of his ideas out of a book written by sheep herders who wore all kinds of clothes. If he does not catch this and what it might mean he is controlled by his bible and his pastor. Someone should ask him who wrote the book of Job and knew about the bet between God and the Devil. How did that happen and how would it be real?

You can’t lose something you never had….🤠

Why is there still talk around religion in a way that promises false hope .
Somehow society has to stop talking about it .
Like Racism, Stop talking about it. Religion would get memory holed . Never too powerful again. .Still be nice though. We're not animals . They can still atend church & stuff. Just no politics..

Why would the paper keep printing his nonsense? Unless they agree with him.

Free content

Its the paper's policy to print all letters unless they are really offensive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.