Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Public’s opinion of Supreme Court plummets after abortion decision

If it’s FRIDAY… Redacted version of affidavit used for Trump search warrant is set for release… President Biden blasts MAGA philosophy as “semi-fascism”… RNC calls remark “despicable,” per NBC’s Sahil Kapur… Republican Blake Masters backtracks on abortion and scrubs campaign website in AZ-SEN, NBC’s Allan Smith and Marc Caputo report… And Dem Rep. Abigail Spanberger goes on the attack in VA-7.

But FIRST… Going back to 1992, the U.S. Supreme Court had always had a net-positive favorable/unfavorable rating in the NBC News poll.

And since 2000, more Americans said they had high confidence in the court rather than low confidence.

Not anymore.

In our latest national NBC News poll — conducted after June’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade — the court’s favorability rating has sunk to 35% positive, 42% negative among registered voters. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, surprise there. It's full of Trump flunkies that cater to what 45 wants to do to get attention and turn the USA into a version of USSR.. If they could, they would put Trump back in power.

I think and hope they gave dems a win

Ya think?

In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle,
"Surprise surprise, surprise!!"

I'm not surprised. It has become an arm of the Republican party rather than a politically independent organisation, based solely on the law and its application.

They don't care about public opinion. Minority rules.

That's right. They'll simply scoff at it and snort about doing god's work (which happens to coincide with The Federalist Society's work for Theocracy). The SCOTUS Six Six Six may have saved democracy with this decision, however, so I see it as the Yin/Yang of getting what you crave.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.