Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Lukoil Russia Boss Died After He 'Fell Out of Window' Following War Criticism

(More like he "fell" after being pushed or thrown out a window. Russian has both a long and recent history of killing its critics.)

A Russian energy oligarch whose oil company criticized the war in Ukraine has died falling out of a hospital window in Moscow on Thursday, state-controlled media reported.

Ravil Maganov, 67, was the chair of the board of directors of Lukoil, one of the largest energy companies in Russia.

Maganov was in Moscow's Central Clinical Hospital when he "fell out of the window" and died from his injuries, an unnamed "informed source" told Russian news agency Interfax. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pull out of the Ukraine and grow up Puttie.

In 1949, the same thing happened to Majic member and Secretary of Defense, James Forrestal. He supposedly committed suicide due to depression. However, he was in mid-transcription of poetry, and investigators found nail marks on the sill (as he resisted his murderers).

Falling out if windows has been occurring a lot in Russia, especially since 2020.

And plenty of Ukrainian critics of the war have been jailed or disapeared. But of course the western press isn't going to report that. It would interfere with the good vs evil twaddle flowing from Washington. [mronline.org]

So what's with you and Russia?

I don't think it is all that unusual for a government to arrest those who support a country that is invading their own country. It's a war. People who support and/or conspire with the enemy get arrested.

@barjoe Nothing, I just prefer real history and facts to Cold War twaddle. I think we should be trying to end the war, not prolong it. Pro peace, something the Dems aren't even pretending to be anymore.

@barjoe, @snytiger6 wanting your government to negotiate an end to an insane war isn't supporting Russia.

@Druvius I don't know what good it would do to negotiate with Vladimir Putin. You either give him everything he wants or negotiations end. Show once Putin made concessions. Aside from the fact Vladimir Putin is a murderous despot. Would you have negotiated with Adolf Hitler circa 1940? Stalin and Churchill tried it. How did that work out?

@Druvius The democrats are no so much pro-peace as they are pro human rights. Yes, democrats want peace, but not at the expense of human rights and looking the other way for war crimes.

If you look back to WWII, there were many who didn't want to get involved. We did support the Allies though through Lend Lease and in the Pacific through trade policies. Much like we are helping to supply Ukraine today, the policies are not really all that different.

As for attitudes, republicans then, as they do now, didn't/don't think authoritarian nations who invade should have to face any consequences for their actions and would rather such actions go entirely unchecked. Democrats think we should discourage and when possible check authoritarian aggression.

Peace would be wonderful, but what kind of world would we be living in if authoritarianism was allowed to grow unchecked and spread around the world? I don't want to find out.

It's amazing how some people become so clumsy after publicly speaking out against the Putin regime.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:684458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.