Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK The US has a ruling class – and Americans must stand up to it | Bernie Sanders | The Guardian

There are few in America who actually tell Americans the truth. Bernie is one of them.

The crisis in America isn't just a political one: it's economic -- 40+ years of right wing economic rationalism and its consequences, including globally. The Left needs to take a leaf out of Bernie's book and speak plainly.

David1955 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What Bernie says is correct but he is not an agent of any change. He is a lousy, incapable and uninspiring leader. When the messenger is this lousy, the message gets lost. No one except the radical ex-Occupy-Wall-streeters accept messages from Bernie. That's why his both presidential campaigns were doomed and laughable to begin with. Give that message to a charismatic leader and see how quickly it catches fire.

You just can't stand that $15/hour is a thing, or that some Student Debt has been forgiven, or that after November Medicare for All will arrive, can you?
A bigger "agent of change" has not existed since JFK!

@AnneWimsey

Wrong. Even Republicans want free healthcare, free education but nothing that Bernie says ever sells except to fanatic Occupy-Wall-Streeters who just rage, rant and oppose things instead of making what have better. Democrats have had the agenda of free healthcare, free education for a long time. Bernie did not do anything beyond parroting the same things except just ranting and not being able to sell. You are a an example reason why Democrats cannot produce good leaders and why they lose. You may not even realize but you are explaining why. I want them to win but they lose. Bernie is a lousy messenger is my point which you missed. Again. If you want anything good done, get off this old, frail horse. Bernie will not take you far. Because of Bernie's far left rants we lost many independent and moderate democrat votes last November and if does not shut up, we will lose more.

You just like Faux Left, who make pretty, rousing speeches but leave the status quo unchanged, apart from a few cosmetic changes at the margins. A lot of the Democratic party is like this. There was Clinton. There was Obama ('Yes we can".... do as little for working people as possible). And who did they vote in after that? Trump. The historian in me sees that progression and why that happened. Of course there was FDR, who actually did stuff. 3 terms, and they'd have voted for him again, if he'd lived and had been able to run, and not just because of WW2. The Republicans have lived in fear since, making a 2 term limit, and doing anything to scuttle any true progressives, like Bernie. The fucking worst part is that the corporate masters behind the Democratic party have helped to do that too. Do the historical and political math, and there it is. Still, Bernie keeps telling it out loud, as he has for 40 years, a globally respected figure in the real Left.

@David1955

I believe I see and say what the majority of voters see. He is liked only by a far left radical minority who are ex Occupy-Wall Streeters. Always angry and frustrated at others' success, others' achievements, others' wealth etc. Else the ranting millionaire Bernie would be president today, but he is not. Any guess on why? Don't blame others like the DNC, talk about Bernie. We heard that whining for 8 years. There is so much lipstick you can put on the pig.

All tribes — nations — have ruling classes.

The earth’s ruling classes — their desire to continue living and ruling — are the reason we have not had a general nuclear war.

What odd reasoning.

@David1955. An odd way to end WW2: Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

@yvilletom Totally unnecessary use of the Atom Bomb.

@barjoe Your reasoning?
My reasoning includes: Japan started a war of conquest, ignoring Geneva Conventions, killed eight million in China, in ‘45 or ‘46 Japanese military ( their ruling class ) would not have surrendered and US would have invaded.

@yvilletom The only condition they wanted was an assurance their emperor would not be prosecuted, they were quite happy to surrender. And in any event targeting civilians is a war crime, it's never justifiable.

@Druvius What effect did the “mokusatsu” have?
Who dropped the other three conditions?
When did they drop those conditions?
Who were the “they” who you say were quite happy to surrender?
When did they agree to surrender?
What are your sources?
I have some almost hour-by-hour documentation.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:684768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.