Agnostic.com

8 15

Is anyone else choking on wildfire smoke?

Air quality in Wenatchee, WA reached hazardous level overnight. Can't see Cascade Mountain foothills.

Smoke from fires burning in northern part of the state and British Columbia has been descending on the Wenatchee Valley for the past several days.

The worst in Wenatchee came at 1:00 this morning when the state Department of Ecology reported air quality was at 327. Any reading above 300 is considered hazardous.

By 9 this morning the air had improved to 162, which is still within the unhealthy range.

The worst air quality reported overnight in North Central Washington was in Twisp, where at 1:00 this morning it was at a hazardous 335.

Also recording unhealthy conditions this morning were Cashmere, Chelan and Leavenworth, though none of those communities reached hazardous level.

[ncwlife.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the connection I saw last night. Couldn't sleep and went outside to get some fresh air. I noticed the orange moon and took a picture. The moon was rising in the East.

I was wondering how you were fairing. Here in Ellensburg it's been in the orange range since Friday. I was going to go to the Farmers Market today but canceled that idea last night when I looked at the forecast. It's very yuky. Several years ago I bought a couple of room sized air cleaners with Hepa filters.
Just when the temps start being great for being outside in the afternoon the air quality keeps me inside.
Currently, I wear my n95 mask just to go get the mail and on the way to the grocery store.

@silverotter11

Like you, I wear a N-95 mask outside. Not effective.

Looking down, the stiff mask rides up and pokes me in the eyes. Hard to find an N-95 mask that fits my face.

Have been using my asthma emergency inhaler after going outside.

@silverotter11

Stevens Pass was closed today due to the Bolt Creek wildfire. Emergency evacuations.

@LiterateHiker Fit is the issue with the N95 or KN95. I have to use the ones the loop around my ears. I get a better fit and yes, use of the albuterol inhaler does help.
The fires to the north are in terrain ground crews can't get to. I get the impression they'll be monitored but it will take rain and snow to put them out.

Hang in there or go on a little trip for a couple days. The air quality might improve by then.

It looks like the smoke season albeit a little later this year has arrived here in Salt Lake City. Our visibility is only a few miles at best.

Thankfully, no. If you need to escape, come down.

It was blowing in to WY when I was there last weekend. Stay safe!

Stay safe out there.

Ugh: Looks terrible! Where I am in SoCal, it hasn’t hit us despite being surrounded by fires that started during our record-breaking 10-day heatwave (luckily brought to a dramatic end due to the arrival of Tropical Storm Kay from Mexico. Rain - and dropping temperatures - is making it’s appearance as I write.) A mixed blessing, as high winds could spread the flames before rain helps extinguish them. Nature!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.