Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK New York declares 'state of emergency' as polio continues to spread - POLITICO

(I blame the anti-vaxers for the return of polio to the U.S. Luckily, I myself an vaccinated for it.)

Polio, or poliomyelitis, is a disabling and life-threatening disease caused by poliovirus, and it has been increasingly found in wastewater in New York. | CDC

By Shannon Young

09/09/2022 01:15 PM EDT

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York declared a state disaster emergency Friday after poliovirus was detected in wastewater samples from Long Island, signaling growing community spread of the virus which can cause paralytic disease.

Key context: Gov. Kathy Hochul issued the executive order, which increases resources available for the state to combat viral spread, after a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sequence analysis found polio in a wastewater sample collected in August from Nassau County. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And, just like FDR learned, it respects no age group.
I remember how everyone was So Happy when vaccine(s) came out & they lined us up in the school corridors to receive them, both the sugar cube + red liquid & then the shot.

Welcome to but one of the consequences of the anti-vaxx delinquents that infest the United $tates of Absurdity.

I blame pro-mandaters for the coercion used to take an experimental medicine sold as a "vaccine". Many smelt the BS, and this made many distrust ALL vaccines as a result. Kids will suffer so well done medical "experts"..

PS Must mention the phrase "state of emergency" is rather overused and has lost it's meaning eg this new declaration, has it attracted the attention the declaration of an "emergency" should? Just posted today, Biden has extended an "emergency" that has been ongoing over 20 years ie many people have never lived when there wasn't an "emergency" ie they consider living in an "emergency" normal.

puff Level 8 Sep 10, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.