Agnostic.com

2 2

WMO predicts 3rd straight year La Nina, which most likely bodes a dryer Soutwest US, a wetter Indonesia and wetter Australia.

[theinertia.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is funny I was just reading about this in July and the prediction was a swap to El Niño lat year and ramping up by early spring next year. 🤷♂️

As it says, 3 years in La Nina is rare.

The 1998 to 2001 La Nina was pretty bad in Cle Elum for me, particularly the 1998 winter. 6 feet total for the winter. Lots of building collapsed and the snow load was upped for new construction.
Last year was pretty bad in upper county, Roslyn had several fires from propane lines being damaged at the tank from snow loads. Several buildings had roof collapses. The way a system comes through the pass effects were the snow gets dumped. One year Cle Elum was shut down by the amount of snow but Roslyn which is west won't get nearly as much.
Last year Ellensburg got snow but not like upper county. I just hope this isn't a year when it bypasses upper county and dumps it all down here. It's happened before.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.