Agnostic.com

3 2

So, India won the cricket match against Pakistan in Asia Cup qualifiers in DUBAI. They played fair and square, and shook hands with smiles at the end of the match. Yet, the match result led to a clash between the Indian and Pakistani communities (Hindu-Muslim clash described as a serious disorder with significant aggression) in Leicester in ENGLAND... Am I missing something here?!
I must admit that I don't have much patience with those who import/export issues and problems that should belong to their homelands.
The Hindu-Muslim problem doesn't belong here in England. We, as a secular society, shouldn't have to deal with this.

[twitter.com]
[theweek.co.uk]

Ryo1 8 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know this thread is from a while ago, but I couldn't resist joining the conversation. The clash between Indian and Pakistani communities in Leicester after the cricket match is truly disheartening. Cricket id should bring us together, not divide us. It's important to remember that cricket is just a sport, and importing conflicts from homelands into other countries only creates unnecessary tensions. As a secular society, we should focus on promoting harmony and understanding among different communities. It's way better to bet on cricket using a cricket id than to fight over it. Although this discussion is from the past, the message still holds true today. Let's spread the love for the game and build bridges of friendship, leaving no room for division.

Oh yeah? Well the Eagles beat the Vikings last night on MNF. So there! I'm sure at least one Viking fan got beat up in Philadelphia. Nobody worried about Hinds and Mohammedans.

Don't upset Eagles fans - as you know, they even attacked Santa. I used the Dodger-Giants baseball fans as they have literally killed each other after games.

There is a history to the India-Pakistan conflict. Have you ever learned anything about Partition?

@Beowulfsfriend Eagles fans get a bad rep. The Santa story was after a snowstorm the Veterans Stadium crew fail to do snow removal. There was a halftime show with a Santa Claus. As he was leaving the field, some drunken fans pelted the guy with snowballs. 40 years ago and the whole city can't live that down. That being said, there were 397 murders in LA (pop 4mil) last year. 561 murders in Philadelphia (pop 1.6mil) three times higher rate. A very scary city.

@barjoe I know. Both my boys live in Philadelphia. The older one lives in the Germantown area - pretty much lower middle class part, while his little brother lives near Abington, teaching at Penn State.

I don't know the situation in tbe UK. From my experiences in the US, most Pakistani and Indian folk have realized that, despite their homelands animosity toward one another, that they share more things culturally with one another than the average American of European descent.
Maybe that was just a sports craziness, like what happens in the US over rival football games or, to use an example, how San Francisco Giants fans and LA Dodgers fans so often clash.

I hope you're right.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.