Agnostic.com

5 12

Meh, one of those days where the diabetes just won't cooperate no matter what I do...

SpikeTalon 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Diabetes can be tough to deal with at times . Don’t give up .Take it easy buddy.

Thank you, and good hearing from you.

Hopefully this is something temporary. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you, and such episodes usually don't last hours like that one did.

Sorry to hear this .Keep up a positive attitude . Wishing you the best.

Thank you Harry.

Hope you feel better!

Thank you, much appreciated.

@SpikeTalon You're welcome.

What’s wrong

Started off early in the morning at around 5:30 got a low glucose alert from my Dexcom, and for the next five or so hours remained consistently low and just couldn't get it to a level in which I could function okay without feeling sick or impaired in any way no matter how much sugar I consumed. Finally got fed up and took Baqsimi, in which afterwards it made me sick to my stomach and had to go to the hospital (think it's suggested anyways by doctor to go to the hospital after using any kind of Glucagon), which means I was forced to miss work which doesn't make me happy. After getting home from the hospital, not long afterwards my blood glucose started to skyrocket and no matter how much insulin I take it isn't doing much to lower the glucose levels. It's so high that my meter is just reading a severe high alert instead of a number, which means it must be at least in the upper 400s or maybe even in the 500s by now.

Haven't had trouble like that in a long time, it just hit me out of the blue, and sure didn't do anything different or out of the norm. Haven't even been dealing with alot of minor low blood sugars recently. Just one of those days, and the above meme made me laugh, and I could use a good laugh right about now...

@SpikeTalon what type of insulin u use ?
I don’t like the low part at all , the high is ok , ( u know what I mean ), takes a minute to go down
U know it’s not just what u eating , ( for going low ).
I am at work , I will msg or later

@Pralina1 Lantus for basal, and Humalog for the other. Awhile back the endocrinologist had drastically cut back on the number of units of Lantus, and for me that's produced fewer low glucose episodes.

I suspect stress is a big factor in bringing on that sudden low episode, and the consequent extreme high that followed hours afterward. It's not what I'm eating, couldn't be, and where weight is concerned I'm at 179 pounds and the diabetes aside I'm probably the healthiest I've ever been regarding diet and exercise. Funny thing is, that low episode came less than a day after a visit with my endocrinologist. Okay, sounds good.

@SpikeTalon I f hate lantus . Nothing than problems 🙄

@Pralina1 I started out on Toujeo, but the insurance kept changing around what insulins they cover, so eventually settled on Lantus. The Toujeo was better in my opinion.

@SpikeTalon good to see you were able to laugh under such a dire situation but I hope everything works out for you take care

@richiegtt Thank you Rich, and with some of the crap I have to put up with at times I need some humor to lighten the mood a bit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.