Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Liz Cheney Says If Trump Is GOP Presidential Candidate She 'Won't Be a Republican'

Speaking at the Texas Tribune Festival, Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney said she would renounce her political party if Trump becomes the next Republican nominee for president.

"I'm gonna make sure Donald Trump — I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure he's not the nominee," Cheney told Evan Smith, CEO of The Texas Tribune, during the hourlong interview.

"And if he is the nominee, I won't be a Republican," she added.

Cheney, a second-generation Republican leader, has historically voted conservatively, following the political legacy of her father, Dick Cheney, who served as vice president under Republican President George W. Bush.

(Trump has totally changed the republican party, making it unrecognizable. It is can no longer claim to be the party of "law and order" or the party of "family values". Not that they stood for either of those for quite some time, but they no longer can even pretend to. It is difficult to put a finger on just what republicans are claiming to stand for any more.)

snytiger6 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for you, Liz. Hopefully, others will follow your lead.

If she's not a republican she can definitely run against him as an independent or a libertarian or whatever she wants to call it

Xian Nationalism is all the GOP can do now.

Cheney was never a Republican. She’s a Rino.

Cheney is an old school republican, who still has ethics.

I think her point is that the republican party has changed to a point where she isn't so sure she wants to be associated with them any more. She hasn't changed, but the party has.

Today's republicans have the attitude of "You do things our way, or no way". They are unwilling to compromise, which creates legislative grid lock where elected officials accomplish virtually nothing anymore.

Republicans used to care about more than rich white people. Here's the 1956 republican platform. Today's republicans are totally unrecognizable compared to what they used to represent.

@Garban Todays democrap party as changed into a radical piece of crap that wants to shut down the economy for the sake of a radical green new deal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688242
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.