Agnostic.com

3 2

I had a discussion recently with someone here about the phrase "That's how they get you!" The member wasn't aware of what it meant, and I tried to explain it as the classic old guy trope where you're in an all you can eat situation, and when the bread and salad comes, the old guy who's perpetually on the lookout for ways "they" scam you says, "Ah, don't eat that, that's how they get you!"
I even admitted it's probably a sad way to live your life, but it's so hard not to when you find out things like you'll see in this video. People intentionally trying to fuck you over (and/or fuck over the planet by extension) is why people like me have to be on the lookout for ways to prevent "getting got" as much as you can because there's so much already out there that will fuck you over that's baked into the pie.
Enjoy the following. It's probably going to make your blood boil.

ChestRockfield 8 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Planned obsolescence has been a business model for a very long time.

Just because there are crazy conspiracy theorists doesn't mean actual conspiracy isn't a thing. As far as someone trying to educate as to how they might be getting manipulated, the fact that ignorant people want tob dismiss what they say and call them boomers. That's what's sad.

I like how it ended on a positive note. The rest is just humans acting like lemmings or taking advantage of those who do. Simply rebel against the created need for things and don't buy on impulse. I manage to do this so it can be done.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688297
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.