Agnostic.com

7 16

LINK A court in Israel recognizes online civil marriages, even for gay couples, as valid : NPR

(This is interesting, because Utah, a very conservative religious state where 50% of the population is Mormon, due to covid, made marriages conducted over Zoom to be valid, which inadvertently created a loophole where gay marriages cone over Zoom by officials in Utah could be legally recognized in Isreal as valid. )

Follow link for 2 minute NPR news podcast.

snytiger6 9 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Israel absolutely permits inter marriage between any religion. Tho it may be a cultural taboo, it is not a legal one. Krish55 is wrong.
[quora.com]

Remember, this only applies to Jews. There are different laws for native Arabs (Palestinians).

Palestinians in Israel proper (called Israeli Arabs) have great difficulty marrying Palestinians in the occupied territories.

Also intermarriage between Jews and Muslims in prohibited.

Israel practices Marriage Apartheid.

An Online marriage might have the same validity as a proxy marriage.

I've heard a lot of prison inmates use proxy marriage to get hitched while in prison. I think they've also been used for military personnel serving overseas to get married while their partner was still in the US.

Sooo, you moving to Israel/Palestine?

I would never move to live anywhere in the Middle East. I don't care for the desert, and there are just too many violent religious fanatics there.

@snytiger6 Almost like the US then, he, he.

Good for the same sex couples in finding that loop hole. We are making a little progress in the right direction.

And this was almost a thing.

[middleeasteye.net]

Why not? After all, it's just a contract between two people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.