Agnostic.com

7 5

Is DeSantis nothing but a Trump clone, or is it just my imagination? Sure hope this fool doesn't make it to the White House.

EugeneG 4 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not only is Desantis a savvy attorney with a knack for framing issues in a manner appealing to Tea Partiers and deplorable MAGAts, he also is a veteran…Navy JAG with SEAL team connections. The latter service has patriotic appeal to conservative voters. Unlike Trump he’s not a shirker.

Plus, though such things didn’t tarnish Trump in the eyes on his base, Desantis lacks Trump’s personal baggage of scandals, legal troubles and business incompetence.

Desantis also has one of the most ruthless bottom feeding PR spinners in Christina Pushaw 🤢🤮 . If Desantis went head to head with Trump in the future and things got ugly, she would singlehandedly destroy Trump in ways Democrats would not cotton to. She has no scruples and would unleash hell.

I could see Liz Cheney running 3rd party as a vendetta against Trump to torpedo his chances in 2024 (a Perot or Nader effect). She might not view Desantis in the same way and stay out in 2024.

I do agree with you that Liz Cheney is positioning herself to run for prez this time, as a way to kneecap Trump, but I would not fall for it and vote for her. She may have done the right thing regarding Trump and Jan.6, for whatever personal reasons she had, but I don't trust her at all with being prez, knowing that on policy, she is no different than her dad, Dr. evil himself.

He would make a great president, far better than the crooked senile idiot we have now!

That’s for sure

the 'parasite' metaphor seems fair.

I would be careful not to underestimate him and see him as a fool. I remember how many people, including me, saw W. (Bush) as the dim-witted chimp he was, and thought there was no way he would beat Gore, but he did, at least officially in the end. But there was no way it should have even been close that election. Yet, even tho he was an ignorant dimwit, W. proved to be so likeable to most Americans, Gore ran such a shitty campaign, losing even his home state, and Gore proved to be such an unlikeably know-it-all type to many voters, that he still managed to lose a race that he should have won fairly easily. Another factor was that Slick Willie Clinton had already alienated many Americans with his scandals and dishonest behavior, that Gore ended up being punished at the polls for what Clinton had done, including NAFTA and ending traditional welfare, both of which betrayed the working class and poor folks, so they took it out on Gore.

@TomMcGiverin
Two overlooked factors are Ralph Nader siphoning potential Gore votes and the impact of sending Elian Gonzalez back to Cuba amongst Cuban exilio voters in a very tight Florida race.

@Scott321 The Nader thing is bullshit. Bush won FL because the SC stopped the recount, as Gore would have won if the recount had not been stopped by the US Supreme Court. Secondly, even with Nader, it wouldn't have even been close if lots of elderly voters in one part of FL hadn't gotten confused by the type of ballot that was being used in that area, where conservative Pat Buchanan, a Repub, was on the ballot in a spot that the elderly voters were obviously mistaking his spot for Gore's, who they were trying to vote for. Thirdly, the ballot mistake was still enough for Gore to have won if it hadn't happened, regardless of what happened with the Cuban voters.

Again, I am sick of people wrongly blaming Nader for Gore's loss, when the election shouldn't have even been close, if the Dems had put up a better candidate, and Gore had run a decent campaign. Gore had no charisma and came off to most voters as very unlikeable, compared to W. Quit believing the Nader mythology, which the corporate media was more than happy to spread, since it gave the Dem Party cover, years later, when they screwed Bernie twice, so they could point to Nader and justify it by saying how bad nominating a progressive would be, etc..

I think POTUS Joe is going to deflate his campaign over the course of cleanup.

The sad thing is, I think he will. And he's smarter and thus, more dangerous than Trump...

The pustule opened the gates....they're coming out....like mushrooms after a rain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.