Agnostic.com

13 28

Ive never been an angry atheist, until now. Ive always just found comfort in only having to claw my way through one life, enjoying what I can and knowing that in the end there would be nothing. I found comfort there, knowing my atoms, my being, my bit of stardust would return to the dirt and the struggle, the consciousness, the pain would just cease.
But recently my best friend has been worrying the end is coming and shes made me promise to read a letter shes left me when god calls her up. I've had no problem promising I would. I know it causes her great grief to think I won't be with her in heaven and I love her dearly, despite our differing views. She is a kind soul, caring.
But tonight, after months of things fucking up and losing my hearing in one ear (hopefully returning in 2 or 3 months) after being sick and dealing with the trauma that not only was I emotionally abused and neglected my entire childhood but even now in my adulthood 9 days away from surgery my own mother can't be bothered to be there for me. I've stood stall, I've faught ever fight brought to me. I've lived with every injustice and tonight I'm finally mad.
There is no god because if there were he'd have to beg forgiveness, not just from me but from so many, from every kid who's home life sucks, from every person killed in the holocaust, from every women living under the thumb of an unjust sexist system around the world, from every person of color who was ever enslaved or who is treated as less than. From every soul he ever created.

Fuck the non-existent christian god because if he existed I would do what lucifer himself failed at and I would bring him to his knees and I know im not the only one.

Gypsy31771 6 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are angry at a non-existent mythological being?? At best this is a waste of energy. At worst it is kind of crazy and self-destructive.

Have you considered that trying to invalidate another person's feelings is kind of crazy? We as human beings have a lot of feelings and whether directed at the wall, another person, an inanimate object or a nonexistent being it doesn't make humans crazy. You stub your toe and get mad at the object you stubbed your toe on, doesn't make you crazy, the anger is redirected sure but doesn't make you crazy.

@Gypsy31771 Why in the world would you want to callouslessly encourage someone's angry, miserable, and potentially self-destructive tendencies over something they themselves admit is completely non-existent and irrational? Suppose you did encourage their self-destructive tendencies and then their downward spiral increased to the point of becoming suicidal? How would you feel then?
If I were myself in such a situation I certainly hope that someone would care enough about me to try and snap me out of it. Wouldn't you?

And why do you invalidate me? As you know, I never called the person crazy, only that their illogic was kind of crazy...which in essence they indirectly admitted! Also, I have NEVER gotten mad at an object I have stubbed my toe on. It is not the object's fault, and if I were to literally think it was the object's fault I would hope someone would care enough about me to point out that I am creating my own misery. If they said that blaming the object for my inattention or clumsiness was kind of crazy I would certainly hope that I would have the sense to agree with them. If they instead, encouraged and enabled me in my self-imposed misery they would certainly not be my friend.

Yes. I get you. After my babe died, some of the more annoying Christians I knew kept up that go.to heaven BS. November 10th last year I formally decided to avoid meeting anymore of those obnoxious idiots and avoiding the ones I did. It sucks being in a society where talking to the air is accepted as normal! My mom is a Christian and I just told her that if there happened.tp be a heaven or judgement I told her I would just ask to go to wherever the fuc#+"; christians we're not going to. Guy sitting on a corner, homeless talking to himself is crazy, BUT talking to (insert dirty) is okay?

An old Jewish guy dies and goes to heaven. When he meets god, he tells him a holocaust joke... god doesn't laugh so the old guy says "I guess you would just have to have been there".

I completely understand how you feel.
WE are here for you emotionally, but physically is geographically challenging. Who is in Georgia? Won’t you please be there for this woman for her surgery? We are all one.

I went through an angry atheist phase but I calmed down and now I am an occasionaly miffed atheist. Things do get my roaring again but not very often these days

I am unapologetic about giving any aggressive theist that accosts me a thorough dressing down.

@anglophone Thats one thing that gets my anger level rising. It dosnt often happen here street preachers are very rare. We have the usual JW carts in town but they just stand there looking bored out of their skulls. We have had a few of the local face book groups with religious crack pots preaching on but thye get kicked off very quickly. One was a group for people interested in the history of local pubs and brewerys

Yes; and not only angry at the nonexistent christian god but with the nonexistent gods of every religion since they also permit such suffering; and not only because of human suffering but also because of the suffering of all other animals too.

I have no trouble being sympathetic with human or animal suffering, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of being angry at something that doesn’t exist. Any insights would be appreciated, thanks.

@skado Right. Need to put that in the subjunctive mood--: "Were there any such gods, I would...." Etc.

@skado But I do get angry—at least, very exasperated—at people who believe in the existence of a perfect god/creator/sustainer who allows such creaturely suffering.

I don't know what I can possibly say to you to make you feel better. Perhaps listen is all I can do. Do take care.

Is anyone gonna be w u at surgery x ?

I hope your surgery goes exceptionally well, and you have a speedy recovery.

You are not alone. For the longest time, I believed in the whole "live and let live" thing. I don't anymore and haven't for a while.
I'm completely fed up with religutards trying to force their beliefs on everyone.
I've gone full anti-theist, and bitterly resent the influence of religion on public policy. Especially since it's only christianity, to the exclusion of all others.
That's some serious bullshit right there.

If, when I die, I were to find out that there really were a god, and I found myself face-to-face with it, I'd spit in it's eye.
Then, I'd give it an earful on what a piece of shit it's been.
I think christians and other believers are mentally ill. I also think lots of them really don't believe, and just use religion as a means to pursue their own agendas.
They're the worst. Most of them are politicians and clergy.

Anger can be cathartic but it can also be cancerous.

Let it all out so you can move forward toward the things you want.

Wishing you peace.

When we can't get what we need and deserve from the people who are supposed to love and protect us, then we have to learn how to give it to ourselves.

We don't get to chose our biological family but we do get to chose who we have in our lives. Surround yourself with good friends and build the family you want. It is not a perfect solution but it is much better than being angry all the time.

Take care of yourself, you are worthy. 🤗

Betty Level 8 Oct 9, 2022

Welcome your anger, and speak of it, exactly as you have done.

Know that you are not alone.

In all seriousness, I don't doubt your anger is justified, tho it does sort of shock even someone like me who is also angry a lot. Nice to know, I guess, that I'm not the angriest person on the site.. I hope you find other people here, probably mostly other women, who can understand and emotionally support you. Living in GA these days has got to be really hard for anybody like us.

I generally don't angry at the religious, only when they either make a big deal about being morally superior to non-believers and try to then oppress us with their theocratic laws, or when they get involved in running for office and either pretend to be more righteous and moral than they are or try to push theocratic laws and policies down our throat. If they stay out of politics and public bashing of non-believers, I don't give a fuck what they do in their churches or private lives, but if they start trying to dominate or control me or us, then it's political war, baby, and I will fight them whenever I can.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.