Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK The new head of the Southern Baptist Church, Bart Barber, said a 10-year-old rape victim should still be forced to give birth to her child

Fuck this guy, fuck his church, and fuck Christianity

The SBC’s anti-abortion resolution has no mental health exception. Asked about the case of a pregnant 10-year-old, Bart Barber says she should have had the child, adding he has “tremendous compassion for her… I'm trying to work against child sexual abuse” [cbsn.ws]

OldMetalHead 9 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How I wish he could be impregnated by rape and forced to carry the pregnancy to full term when it would be born through his penis.

The Catholic Church once had no problem with abortion prior to quickening. The Southern Baptists had no problem with it in cases of rape, incest, life of the mother or fetal abnormalities in the early 1970s. Oddly enough as science explains the developmental stages of the zygote and fetus both churches rebel against abortion. Something tells me it had a lot to do with the realization of the power abortion gives women. Highlighted by the Roe v Wade decision in 74.

[theconversation.com]abortion-183712

Something tells me you're right, Lora! It's liberating to have freedom of choice over your body....to solve that most terrifying problem..."Oh, my god! I'm pregnant! What am I going to do?"

How very JESUSY of her!

Religion is a mind virus. When taught to a young, vulnerable child it is a violation of their freedom of choice. Those who violate children in this way are predators. But they are also themselves victims of predation, having undoubtedly been indoctrinated (a euphemism for violated) themselves at an early age. It’s a cycle of abuse that has no chance of being stopped until it becomes widely recognized in society that the more religious you are, the more immoral you become. Which is counterintuitive to what most people currently believe.

That a man can speak of compassion at the same time as forcing a child to birth a rapist's baby shows just how perverted and evil the evangelical take on Christ's teachings has become. If his God exists, she won't be fooled by his faux compassion.

@OldMetalHead Religion is slavery. But you already knew that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.