Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Some Genes Don’t Turn On Until After You Die

I guess there is “life” after death after all.

Hundreds of genes with different functions “woke up” immediately after death. These included fetal development genes that usually turn off after birth, as well as genes that have previously been associated with cancer. Their activity peaked about 24 hours after death.

Apunzelle 7 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And....?

So now you read this and get hopes up that when you die you are going to wake up somewhere. Absolutely amazing! Somehow we just cannot turn loose of this idea. OK. When my lightbulb burns out it is actually burning some place else. Possibly in a metaverse where I can imagine anything I want to imagine.

I assume you don’t mean that I get my hopes up. Do notice that I put “life” in quotation marks. I do not actually believe in life after death but thought it was interesting from a scientific perspective what happens to the physical body.

How people define “die” would matter.

There are vanity publishers. Pay their in advance and they will publish.

On astrophysics subjects, NOVA IMO is a vanity videographer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:690885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.