Agnostic.com

2 10

"You don't know about Jesus, do you Mom?" Claire, 4, asked. "I do."

From pregnancy to Claire's age 5, I wrote Mama's Journals for Claire. Terry and I are atheists. A funny excerpt:

Lately you have been asking, "Why don't we go to church?" and "Who is God?" We have to think carefully before answering.

Today we had a funny conversation at dinner. I had to write it down.

Claire: "Why did the king kill Jesus?"

Me: "Well... the king was afraid of Jesus."

Claire: "No, that's not it. The king was crabby and mad because he didn't have a nap. And his parents didn't invite him to dinner so he dragged around at restaurants. He didn't like Jesus because he wanted to shoot his power out and was afraid that Jesus would shoot his power out higher. The king wasn't happy.

"Jesus really was killed for his power because he really did shoot it higher."

"You don't really know about Jesus, do you Mom? I do. I saw Jesus."

Me (amused): "When did you see Jesus?"

Claire: "Because Chelsea got the movie and I saw it. I know all about it." (Chelsea's mother is a Baptist minister and one of my dearest friends.)

"Some pirates were coming up and the king was mad. The pirates were killed and so was Jesus. The king wasn't very happy that Jesus got killed. We liked the movie. We watched the whole thing and it was very fast."

Photos:

1. Boys made a fort from driftwood. The boys left. Claire loved the fort.

2. Me and Claire. Pacific Ocean.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting interpretation of the Bible stories.

@BudFrank

It's hilarious!

At age 4, Claire still needed a nap but resisted it. "Claire is like a guest who needs to go home," Terry muttered.

Cute pictures!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.