Agnostic.com

1 6

I was raised in the Mormon church, and they never mention that Joseph Smith was arrested, or that every time he moved was to escape arrest warrant(s), but claim he was constantly fleeing "religious persecution".

snytiger6 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, glad I didn't join the Mormon cult, before I left religion. They insisted on the 10% tithe which was the deal breaker for me. Of course if I did, mostly likely I would be in the same rut as a baptist.

The church's stance on the 10% tithe has changed since the church was founded. It was originally 10% of surplus earnings after you net your living expenses. Today it is 10% of your gross income.

I unfortunately was born into a Mormon family. My parents converted before I was born. Only my oldest brother has memories of before my parents converted. When he was 16, he told my parents he just didn't believe in it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.