Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK We read the Gab founder's how-to guide to Christian nationalism. The book is part of a new trend of conservatives openly embracing the ideology.

Gab founder Andrew Torba's new book serves as a guide to Christian nationalism, signaling a recent shift in which it's becoming more common for public figures to openly embrace the concept.

"Christian Nationalism: A Biblical Guide For Taking Dominion And Discipling Nations" was written by Torba and Andrew Isker, a pastor from Minnesota. The brief book, which was independently published, was listed as the number 12 best seller in the non-fiction category on Amazon the week after it was released last month. At the time of this writing, it had a 4.7-star rating with 745 reviews.

Christian nationalism can generally be boiled down to the belief that Christianity should have a privileged position in American society.

Though it is not a new concept, prominent conservative figures have increasingly embraced it in recent years. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has openly identified as a Christian nationalist, even selling merch with the descriptor, while Rep. Lauren Boebert has embraced its tenets, saying "the church is supposed to direct the government." ...

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a power play and so many people are falling for it. "There's a sucker born every minute." (More like every second.)

Betty Level 8 Oct 31, 2022

Christian nationalism is the final refuge of the scoundrel.

Which church?

I used to be a christian and as such was reasonably familiar with the new testament. So the terms like
"Christian Nationalist" or " Christian Right" seem to be oxymorons.

Seems to be... However, my experience is that most persons who refer to themselves as Christians never actually have read the new testament, or the entire bible.

@snytiger6 Perhaps religion should take a leaf out of academia's book where you can't claim the title unless you you know something about it.
I can dream, can't I?

No the church is not supposed to direct the government and that book should not be listed as non-fiction.

Yeah, even according to the bible church and state should be kept separate. Jesus did supposedly say "give unto Cesor that which is Cesar's and give unto god that which is god's", which to me, advocates keeping church and government separate.

Torba's shitty book is on the best seller list? 🤮

Gabs users love it!!

@CuddyCruiser So lame 😐

Most often conservative oriented books are bought in bulk by conservative organizations and given away as swag at their events. This puts conservative books on the best seller lists, but very few of those books are ever actually read. Their core base aren't actual readers.

@snytiger6 If they even know how to read, given their attitudes on education in general.

@CuddyCruiser If they own books... they are just for decoration and never actually read.

That’s where you’ll find QAnon, Flat earthers, Neonazis, proudboys, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar are on there as well. Real Looneytunes place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:692366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.