Agnostic.com

7 53

The real difference between Atheist and religious people

glennlab 10 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The closer religion can get a person to altruism, and acceptence of life after death, the closer to insanity.

I'm an atheist and I have nothing to live for. Maybe we're not a monolith?

Yeah, if you don't believe in that god guy you simply have nothing to live for. Everyone knows that our real purpose is to live our lives jumping up and down over some invisible being that controls it all. Oh, what the hell would I do without that invisible make believe something?

Religion leads too too many crimes toward others!!!

Religion gives justification for hate.

@Betty Or stupidity and / or ignorance.

True……the real myth is all religions.

Esther Callejas would disagree. She claims to have shot her two young children because she wanted them to go to heaven: [lawandcrime.com]

Well then, there are always the crazy folks. I was presuming this discussion was only including sane people...

She actually proved the point, she and her children had nothing to live for, but if they died she thought they would go to heaven.

@glennlab Agreed, my brain slipped a cog. I guess she was doing the bidding of her blood god.

I agree, because when you only go around once in this existence, and there is no afterlife, making this life and existence count and stand for something, is even more important, than when there is some afterlife and an opportunity to be rewarded or work things out after death, etc.. And it also makes it clearer that few things in this life are worth dying for, including wars that benefit only the rich and powerful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:693613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.