Agnostic.com

13 20

LINK Kroger to pay $180K for firing Christians who wouldn't wear heart symbol

The Kroger supermarket chain has agreed to a settlement of $180,000 after two Christians who worked at a store in Conway, Arkansas claimed they were fired for religious discrimination after refusing to wear a work uniform with a pro-LGBTQ symbol on it… even though the company insists the symbol had absolutely nothing to do with LGBTQ anything.

It was just a multi-colored heart symbolizing their corporate values.

The facts don’t matter, though, because the Christians in question, Trudy Rickerd and Brenda Lawson, claim (wrongly) that they were being told to support LGBTQ rights (which they were not).

snytiger6 9 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Not even a damn rainbow" - these reli-diots cannot even identify their frightful foes.
Yep, Kroger made the cost-effective move and banished them.

Close enough

@CourtJester No. It really isn't. The settlement just validates ignorance.

I think Kroger did a cost of litigation analysis and made an off, they did not reinstate the workers or admit fault. No judgment, no appeal.

Typical corporate bullshit, the usual playbook...

As a Brit, I am proud of the Union Flag which is red, white and blue. I do not have the same pride in the Tricoller (French, and others) or the Stars and Stripes (U.S.) which are all red, white and blue.

Sorry, Christians , I really don't see your point. Colour is not form and form is not colour.

As about any person who has watched the movie Office Space knows, employers shouldn't be requiring their employees to wear stupid buttons or flair on the job just to promote some corporate image. An employee name tag, sure, just so customers know the person actually works there and who they should blame for bad service, but beyond that, required buttons or tags for employees are bullshit, and companies with strong unions don't get away with that shit, only the exploitive, lower wage employers, it seems, these days.

It wasn't even a rainbow heart. Kroger should have fought it.

I’m surprised it was only that amount……and that there weren’t three more zeros at the end of it.

That’s the biggest miracle about this.

Were the multi-colors the same as the BGLTQ+ flag? If so then the Xtians were right, even if their cause was ignorant. Symbols mean what they we are taught they mean and what other values do multi-colors serve?

Click on the link and look at the heart.

@Betty I would question Kroger as to what values those colors mean if not BGLTQ. So long as the constitution applies to religious folks, and I think it shouldn't, then they have Rights to their values. Employers don't get to override those Rights.

@rainmanjr Do you see the difference?

@Betty No and I'm the B in those colors. That's why I put it first.

@rainmanjr No, you don't see a difference? Sometimes a colour scheme is just a colour scheme.

@Betty Sometimes it's not. The light blue does not hide the similarity or what that similarity calls to mind. Anyway, ask Kroger what it stands for if not BGLTQ.

@rainmanjr Did you read the article. The company did "not" endorse LGBTQ nor was the heart a representation of it.
[news.yahoo.com]

@Betty So they say but it's a rather generic denial of what's obviously not true. Why do this at all if you're going to deny those values? Furthermore, haven't we learned that arm bands are not great social statements? Kroger is owned by Jews so you'd think they'd reject that idea right off.

@rainmanjr I suggest we agree to disagree. 🙂

@Betty I'm not coming to get you so don't sweat it.

@rainmanjr LOL I wasn't worried over a difference of opinion.

@rainmanjr You're just fucking wrong about this.

@barjoe So says many people but that's mostly because they're just as sure of their own tribe as the other one is. Hard to see beyond one's outrages.

@rainmanjr One demographic can not claim full ownership of the colours of the rainbow.

@rainmanjr The colors of that heart are not in prismatic order. What tribe are you talking about?

@rainmanjr BTW Judge Lee Rudodsky is a piece of shit Republican. Of course he was appointed by Donald Fuckity-Fuck Trump. So he's a low life motherfucker.

@barjoe BTW, everyone has their bad daze. I hear Caesar was a real creep and don't get me started on Johnny Carson. The so-called "Judge" may be a POS but so are most human beings (as I see it) when you get right down to it. When they have a point they have a point and I try to be fair (which never works but I maintain the point for it).

@rainmanjr Fair about what? There aren't any Kroger stores where I live, I've never been inside one but I support them. Those fucking Christian cunts got a money grab. Good for them. I guess.

@Betty I imagine you mean Kruger so forgive me if that's wrong. They are a business, a Jewish owned business, and must be a bit sensitive to Xtian complaints right now. It appears the Xtian's may win, after all, and it's not a great business move to be caught with your dick in hand. I get it and am not too offended by their caution. Besides, if it's not a representation of The Gay Flag then why is removing it from uniforms of any concern over loss of support for them? Is this really the issue we want to press in the final 3 daze of voting? I don't. I prefer the criminal charges of 45 his band of scary folks (it is not just men this time).

@barjoe Kruger is also marketed as Smith's and maybe Ralph's. It may have other names but their locality for you is not really the issue. They have a right to put anything they want on a uniform or take it off (regardless of meaning) and Xtians currently have a Right to not wear something offensive to them. If my old boss had tried to make me wear a cross armband I would have said no.

@rainmanjr I'm Canadian so I do not have a dog in this fight. The legal system in the US is so messed up and very much one sided. It should never have been entertained in court let alone a side taken over "colours???" It is so stupid it makes me wonder just how low so called christians will go to get their own way.

Did you consider the possibility that the women that sued were just trying to get a payday out of it because of the current atmosphere in the States? So easy to make accusations these days.

@Betty Everyone's looking for a payday. I think it was Dillinger that said it. Religion affects Canada, as well, but there are differences. When States Of America fall the zealots will arm wrestle you, too, though. Big Prosperity Doctrine and Catholic "Churches" are literally drooling to own our Treasury and every natural resource. The land they can drill on and sell off will buy many, many, palaces of gold. They will go very low and already have for that.

@rainmanjr What happens in the US always effects Canada. That is why I am interested and scared.

Arkansas! Of course

Could have been any Southern state…….they’re all a dime a dozen.

Most likely the Kroger heart stood for love and the colors in it are meant much like the meme I'm posting here. I see it as a Christian fail. Sort of like how they feel about Harry Potter and the idea that anyone can ride a broom. They back it up with claims that there were witches in the buybull.

Hearing stuff like that makes me glad I'm an enlightened Atheist and not an religious idiot.

WTF!

Betty Level 8 Nov 4, 2022

How very Jesusy of them!

The court decided that Christians have a right to hate and employers don't have a right to set uniform standards.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:694014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.