Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Some Republicans Want to Raise Voting Age After Gen Z Midterm Turnout

It's obviously too hard for the Republican party to adopt policies that actually, y'know, appeal to young voters.

Instead, like angry old fogies, they grumble, "So you won't vote for us? Well then, ya don't get ta vote for anybody!!"

"In a now-viral series of tweets anti-Muslim activist Brigitte Gabriel suggested barring America’s youngest voters from the polls.

“Raise the voting age to 21,” Gabriel tweeted, immediately after noting that “We were promised a red wave and we got a red puddle.”

She went on to tweet that “Generation Z thinks doing drugs in the street should be legal. Generation Z also thinks speech that offends them should be illegal.”

Though Gabriel didn’t specify which drugs, a Gallup poll last year found that 68 percent of Americans (including 50 percent of Republicans) support legalizing marijuana. And despite a strong push by Republican legislatures to ban educational material about race and gender issues, Gen Z students overwhelmingly favor strong free speech rights, 2022 polling shows.

Not to be outdone, conservative radio personality Peter Schiff suggested cutting out current Gen Z voters altogether. “Let's raise the voting age to 28. If I was still 18 I'd support this,” the 59-year-old tweeted."

Of course he would.

And get off my lawn, ya dang kids!!!

Paul4747 8 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course they do. They want to take everybody's rights away except those that favor them -old white men.

How about us 'mature' white men!?

@JackPedigo I was just thinking of republican white men, who want to take rights away. No maturity there.

If Gen Z turnout had much to do with stemming the red tide I wonder if Bill Maher will apologize for his constant intergenerational bigotry or at least he would kindly STFU?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:694895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.