Agnostic.com

2 4

The truth is, you CAN die by falling down! Bob was going up the stairs at home holding items in both hands. They have steep (really steep) stairs and below those are cement stairs. He was calling Sue to come out and help him up from the cement stairs. He was 70. He had broken ribs (3) that punctured organs, spleen, bowel, intestine, and he had choices at the hospital and chose not to have major surgery, but ended up with a colonoscopy bag, sepsis and that's what finally; after 3 weeks in the hospital, did him in. He had been drinking for years and right before this had quit. Sue thinks he had other things wrong internally before the fall. He was a big gangly guy.
My other NH friends (now living in FL) lost her husband about a yr ago and I miss him more than she does cuz he was the only person that called me 3 or 4 times a week. He actually got lonely and thought of me lonely and I miss his calls.
So use hand rails going up stairs or avoid t hem altogether. I have owned step-less houses since my husband died in 2005. German shepherds don't like stairs. Now I don't either. It's scary being alone also. How many on here live alone with few friends? I am not in a safe place (in my head).

K9Kohle789 8 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

same kinda thing happend to a close friend. big sturdy fella. fell carrying a box upstairs.

I live with my spouse. I haven't gotten a new dog after the last one died two years ago. I miss having a dog, but my spouse is allergic. My right hip joint has gone to shit, and I'm dreading what seems like the inevitable fall. I had a replacement scheduled, but had to put it off while my MFing ex from 11 years ago goes after my retirement.

@K9Kohle789 There were paragraphs in the judgment, but neither of us took note of them, nor our attorneys. When we signed the paperwork, I thought that was the end of it, but I remember my attorney mentioning that she could come after my retirement. And I remember thinking that would be a shit-show because it was so complicated. 11 years later with next to zero documentation, and all the reports from Fidelity having been deleted, it's an absurdity. Still, I'm trying to piece it together. Plus, the attorneys wrote up the accounts incorrectly, and my ex didn't disclose her assets as she was supposed to. It's a big mess to clean up, and an ugly waste of my time. Ugh.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695017
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.