Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Trump sues to block Jan. 6 committee subpoena | The Hill

Former President Trump sued to block a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack on Friday night, as deadlines approach for him to produce documents and sit for a deposition.

The committee unanimously voted to subpoena the former president during its public hearing last month.

After Trump missed a deadline to produce documents last week, the Jan. 6 committee agreed to provide a one-week extension. The subpoena also requested that the former president appear for a deposition next Monday.

However, Friday’s filing argued that the subpoena was invalid, claiming that Trump has “absolute immunity from being compelled to testify before Congress” as a former president. Trump also argued that the subpoena was an “unwarranted intrusion on the institution of the Presidency” and that it sought information protected by executive privilege. ...

snytiger6 9 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He knows he's guilty of all those crime and trying to stay out of prison. He will go broke with all these law suits at one point. Hopefully the IRS will not let him file bankruptcy.

He is delaying and trying to run out the clock until republicans have a majority in the house, as they would immediately dissolve the Jan. 6th committee.

However in anticipation, the Jan 6th committee plans to publish their findings on Dec. 31st.

I think the smart thing for the republican party to do, so I doubt they will do it, is to make a point to purge wrong doers for their party. It is the only way the party can regain support of independents, which they need to win elections. They need to reestablish ethics and accountability in their party.

Falling on that old sword, again? I wouldn't depose him. I'd arrest him and let his Lawyer decide whether to cross-examine him or not.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.