Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Jon Stewart On Dave Chappelle, Kyrie Irving, And Kanye West

This is why Jon is our leader.

rainmanjr 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two of the most idiotic people on TV..... Joy Reid,....All stupid fucks.

She said that?

I was gonna post this but got busy - don't even remember what rabbit hole I fell into -🤣🤣🤣. I thought it was a great interview. Looking at the world through the eyes of comedy, irony and sarcasm works for me. WAY too many in this country have lost, or maybe never had a sense of humor and they've been breeding WAY too much.
Stewart and Colbert are treasures!

thought provoking thx for posting. as an atheist of jewish background i did not hate chappelle's monologue or his point about how it should not be this hard to talk about some of these things.

i completely agree with some of stewart's pints including that we tend to shut down discussion

as for kyrie i did feel sometimes that we were not dealing with the situation productively though in the end it seems to be getting partway home at least.

kmaz Level 7 Nov 16, 2022

I also did not hate chappelle's monologue. He's a comic. The Jester's job is to gently, with humor, provoke reaction. That involuntary reaction tells us something about ourselves and some stop to examine it. That's all I expect from any of them. I've already forgotten what the kyrie thing is. I liked Jon's plea to the nation for peace, though we aren't going to get it.

@rainmanjr

regarding chapelle, one key thing i got from stewart's comments was an attempt to be realistic about what we should expect we should not take a grown man, sit him in a corner, essentially punishing him like a child, and then have overly ambitious goals for his gaining understanding what he did wrong. i fib think the punishment was more or less correct but we should not have overly ambitious expectations

regarding healing, i would have to go back and reposten but i think stewart was not asking us to move off the topic but trying to help us address it and this get to a better place. i also took chapelle to be doing that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.