Agnostic.com

14 7

Why do men post unsmiling photos on their dating profiles?

Yikes! Nobody wants to meet a grumpy, depressed or angry guy.

What matters more than anything when it comes to your online dating profile? One word: Photos. Photos can drastically increase your chances of getting more communication and dates. Or not.

If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, women move on.

A genuine smile is inviting, warm and appealing. Women want to see your eyes and smile.

If you look happy, people will see you as a fun person they will enjoy being around.

Show your pearly whites! Every man I met with closed-lip photos was hiding horrid teeth. Yuck. I can't imagine kissing that.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A girlfriend drew this from a photo about 10 years ago.

I am in full agreement. A homely smiling guy is more attractive to me than a handsome scowling one.

I am curious as to why someone as attractive as the OP needs to meet men on-line.

@TheMatineeldol

Here's my joke about local single guys:

If I wanted a fat, Republican, uneducated, good ol' boy fisherman and hunter who hates Democrats and loves his Harley, snowmobile and chainsaw and decorates with antlers, I'd be ALL SET.

Here's a picture of local gun nuts. My friend Shelly added the captions.

@LiterateHiker

I understand. Its's hard with all those loonies out there.

I used to see some women do this. Some even went out of their way to look angry rather than passive or even remotely happy.

I scowl 'cause I'm tough, like a lion eating a lamb, like a dog barking at a cat. I am MAN hear me ROAR !

twill Level 7 Nov 22, 2022

Because they can't meet your unrealistic beauty standards, you look down on so many people

Finding a genuine smile may be difficult, it is for me from my internal perception.
In a way it's like an orgasm face. Beautiful and loving in the moment, but if you capture it we men look stupid like happy Chimps! On the other hand a woman's cum face shows an explosive joy of physical and emotional release.... if I remember correctly.

A forced smile makes a person look like they are a politician or a used car salesman.

In the darker one, he is smiling. Look at his eyes and it is obvious (it is to me at least). He is probably not neurotypical, but if you know what to look for or at, it is as plain as the smile on a typical person's face. Just makes me remember, I had a girlfriend who, every time I forced/faked a smile, she thought it was sincere. When I did sincerely smile, she thought it was fake. Have to learn to read people as they are, not as we have been taught to perceive them.

Caught some flack on that one, eh? But you are correct, lighting and smiles do help. Thing is, it seems with a lot of men ya gotta knock 'em over the head to get your point across. No one likes criticism but even when you do it in a constructive way and still meet resistance, it's time to throw in the towel.

@silverotter11

I plan to cancel my Fitness Singles membership in Jan.2023. The price has gone up to $174/year. It's not worth it.

I think men are just down, and it seems to get worse every day. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. I've had nearly no luck on dating sites. The whole thing is just so artificial, and I think everybody would be better off if they didn't exist, except there IS nothing else. For me, anyway, in the middle of nowhere, idk, it's better than no hope at all. I've taken a beating psychologically. In my case, I'd rather be alone than in the spotlight, under that microscope. I'm a private person anyway.. Does that mean I'm going to give up? No. I kind of already have, but everybody needs hope.

You seem to be here to eviscerate men you meet.
Take joy in how dare they meet you, find every fault.

@BufftonBeotch

That was mean. It is against Agnostic.com community guidelines to insult members.

Bingo

@godfree2 lmao Yes if someone was kind enough to go on a hike with me I would not mock them on social media.
If they could not keep up I would not make them struggle. I would be a friend and maybe call the hike short.

I can't imagine dating a woman who would be on a dating site.

That first dude got some hella bags going on, picture is poorly lit. Pass. Second dude just does not look approachable. Not the face I wanna see across a dinner table, or anywhere else.

Gay men also like see other men smiling while using an dating app as well.

Because the game is slanted so in favor of the women, it's mostly a waste of time for most men.

Yeah and then there's the obfuscatory obloquy of not undressing the question.

@waitingforgodo I have no particular opinion anyway.

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696282
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.