Agnostic.com

6 13

LINK Mass shooting at gay nightclub in Colorado Springs - Los Angeles Times

(With the Pulse Nightclub shooting in Florida, the shooter turned out to be a Muslim who could not come to terms with his own sexuality because of his family's religion. I would not at all be surprised if this shooter was also mentally fucked up due to religious influences.)

The suspect believed to have killed five and injured 18 in a mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado is in custody, according to police.

The attacker’s motive isn’t yet clear, but the club’s owners believe it was a hate crime.

The gunman, who was identified by police as Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, opened fire at Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colo., just before midnight Saturday, police said. ...

snytiger6 9 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's really sad that happened and hopefully it won't happen again.

It will, and the only ? is when, how soon..

There is mental illness, and then there is lethally dangerous mental illness. And what is the USA doing about it? Absolutely nothing at all.

Agreed. They just can't keep blaming mental illness, and thoughts and prayers won't solve it.

If we get angry enough maybe we can shoot the gay away. Or maybe this guy just wants to be housed and fed the rest of his life. Don't like gay. Guess what will happen to you in prison. If it comes as a big surprise he may have been home schooled and kept in a closet.

Pretty likely.. Seems like most of these nimrods, like Rittenhouse, are home-schooled, filled with ignorance and hate of The Other.. and usually also armed and trained to use guns... The Middle East has its training schools for hating the West and America, while we have our own American Taliban system with the right wing here, indoctrinating our young men to hate all who aren't white, Christian, and straight people. Why should we be surprised that it produces our own homegrown terrorists and mass shooters?

When will liberals wake up and realize that, on some level, our civil war has already begun and been going on a while, as far as the right wing attacking obvious targets that they see as their political and cultural enemies? : Queer nightclubs and bars, minority-dominated stores and churches, liberal churches, synagogues, etc.. Time for any of those types of buildings and groups to have armed guards there at all times whenever they are open for business and having mass gatherings. I am not blaming those groups that have been targetted, but time to wake up and quit allowing themselves to be sitting ducks. It's not that fucking hard to know which places will and are being targeted, since mass shootings never seem to happen at places and groups that are supportive of right wing groups, so those who should be able to see they are likely targets, need to quit worshipping non-violence and pacifism as if it were some fucking religion and start reading some Malcom X instead, in other words, that self-defense is merely being intelligent...

It almost seems like some people would rather just be sitting ducks for right wing terrorists and mass shooters, but for me, at least, I would rather be protected and ready, rather than some unprotected, righteous victim that chooses to be naive or voluntarily unprepared... And one more thing, those armed guards need adequate firepower, not just a six gun revolver, since the shooter will usually have an automatic firearm, body armor, and plenty of ammo, so the guards need to be well trained and armed for such attackers. It also might have helped to have had armed guards outside the club, searching patrons for firearms, so they might never have even gotten inside the club with that kind of security..

Last June, 2021, there was a bomb scare in Colorado Springs. Anderson Lee Aldrich was arrested after homemade bombs were found at his residence. His mother was the one who tipped off the police because he threated her life. You don't suppose it is the same feller, do ya? [epcsheriffsoffice.com]

Wouldn’t be a big surprise. Most of these mass killers have issues that surface before they go on their major killing sprees. I guess it’s just hard to tell which nuts will go ballistic and which are just psychotic episodes that can be treated,. The age and name certainly fit the killer.

@Barnie2years Also, the courts are backed up. I would not be surprised if he was out on bail for the half dozen felonies they charged him with last year.

@Barnie2years It turns out that the red flag laws are not being enforced, especially in the county where this occurred.

@MyTVC15 shocking, I’ll tell you! Shocking!! Like NRA true believers care about red flag laws. In their mind, the persons being threatened have an obligation to arm themselves so they have an even chance to kill each other. They want to go back to the showdown on Main Street, may the best draw win. Of course they didn’t have high capacity, semi auto firearms for their shootouts.

@Barnie2years I'm watching a press conference on it and from what I can glean, his mother dropped the charges and the records are sealed.

I have a friend in C.S. but didn't know there was a nightclub there when I visited. Next time I'll check it out. The old ways have to go or this nation, and humans, will.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.