Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Gabor Mate: The Childhood Lie That’s Ruining All Of Our Lives

This is exactly what I've been saying about abuse and dysfunction being rampant childhoods of Baby Boomer children. And the consequences of it.

rainmanjr 8 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the more we can recognize no matter how bad one's childhood was we each have to play the hand we are dealt. It takes an inward self examination and for some that just never happens.

That's true. Jackson Browne said it well in a doc called Going Home (I think) to his son Ethan. Something to the effect of "I love you more than anything, or anyone, that was ever in my life but I will make some mistakes that hurt you. You'll just have to deal with those, when you're older, but keep in mind that I didn't make them from a lack of love for you."

That being said, we can't ignore those hurts and successfully forgive them, either.

@rainmanjr We here in the U.S., Canada and Great Britain really have no clue the suffering of people who survived WWII and all the conflicts since. The toll it's all taken on the children is horrible, and that's an understatement.

@silverotter11 Absolutely. The stiff upper lip, or living a life of desperation, became the motto for WWI and II Vets. USA took in more refugees from WWII so a greater population of offspring than WWI. Not talking about deep emotional pain was never a good idea. It takes outlet somehow, usually in cruelty of various manners, while seeking to hide behind an obedient persona. Kids are the natural outlet because we see them as possessions. Things we created so have a Right to control. Humans are goofy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.