Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Why are Lyft and Uber letting Christian drivers preach at passengers?

If you’re like me, when you’re taking an Uber or Lyft, then you just want to get to your destination in absolute silence. It’s always a gamble to begin a conversation with a total stranger, even if it’s usually pleasant. But it would be so much worse if the Uber or Lyft driver used that opportunity—of having a captive passenger—to preach his or her religion.

Both ride-sharing companies have strict rules prohibiting religious discrimination. Drivers cannot refuse a customer, for example, who is very clearly not a member of their faith. But there’s no rule blocking drivers from proselytizing and attempting to win new converts, and Christians know it.

A recent Associated Press article focused on Lyft drivers who see their work as “mobile Christian ministries.” ...

snytiger6 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Preach at me and you can either STF up or I'm gone. Pretty simple really.

what. the. fuck.

Oh my! I use a local rideshare company where I pay for the ride AND the tip in advance, because it's so easy to do so. I have had great experiences, we just talk about local stuff and religion has never come up. If I thought there was even a chance of that, I'd leave the tip off on the advance booking and decide how much to tip (in cash) after the ride.

I've never used Uber or Lyft, but this story makes me happy to keep to my local rideshare company. (Holoholo - if any of you are planning to visit Hawaii!)

While I have never had to use either, I know how I would respond: NO tip; one star rating and bad review; complain to company for a refund.

I drove Uber for a year and have not called one, or Lyft, since leaving.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:698397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.