Agnostic.com

10 12

Time spent together

In today's world of internet dating is video chat viewed as time spent together?

Unity 7 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd say so, as you would be chatting with a real person, even if it be from a distance. Can't relate to that too well myself as I've never been in a long distance relationship before.

Not really, in my book. To me, it is something to use intially to test for chemistry or positive vibe between two singles who either are too unavailable to meet in person for the first time, either due to distance or time commitments that are in the way, or, in the case of a long distance relationship with limited opportunities to meet up in person, it compensates for that. But so do and so can phone calls, this is just an enhancement of the old LD relationship phone calls, for the modern age. To me, after the couple have met in person and established a mutual interest and commitment to date, from then on, the video chatting is a pretty poor substitute for spending actual time together in the same place. It can be too artificial, compared to spending time together most of the time in the same location, and can lead to relationships dragging out while deteriorating while the couple grows apart, but is able to cover up and deflect from separation issues longer than they should.

I think so, particularly if distance is an issue. You have to be invested in setting time to be together and being focused on each other, similarly to making time for each other when you're physically together.

In a long distance relationship, yes.

I think so too.

I would say yes, to a degree.

I think it does. Especially if there is distance involved, I've always enjoyed chatting on the phone and with the video option available it's really great. I'm applying my thoughts on this in respect to family members on the east coast.

Not being on COVID lockdown, I would say no. Unless there is a distance/free time issue. Then maybe.

Phone calls and texts are good but they don't count as time spent together. Video chats are no different.

To me, YES it is.

Diaco Level 7 Dec 5, 2022
Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:698707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.