Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK A Republican Supermajority In Florida Is Ready To Shred Abortion Rights | HuffPost Latest News

With a GOP trifecta led by Gov. Ron DeSantis, a staunch opponent of reproductive rights, Florida Democrats are bracing for the battle of a lifetime.

snytiger6 9 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel sorry for all the women who able to have babies in that state. Clearly they are seen as baby factories that have no rights as people.

Anyone of child baring age should leave the state. Let all those old Republicans fend for themselves.

I hear you, but that really smacks of privilege. See my comment below. The only solution I see, for those stuck there, is what the movie Call Jane is about, an underground abortion service run by women, but in FL they would be much more targeted than that group was, in the Chicago area in the late 60s and 70s. They had the mob and the cops looking out for them, because both groups were connected to women who needed their services, so they left them alone. I really doubt that would be as easy in FL these days.

State's rights to decide law. Don't like their laws? Don't go to FL or buy products from FL. If enough people do that they'll rethink those laws.

Boycotts like you propose can work, but they take a long time, sometimes decades. Look at South Africa. In the meantime, what are those women without resources or the ability to move away, supposed to do?

@TomMcGiverin How can I be expected to answer such a question? Yes, boycotts can take time. That's not my fault. Nor is the suffering while attempting to move a mountain. Boycotts consume far less time if huge populations participate in them. If not then the suffering might never stop so I boycott. Currently I boycott about a dozen companies, including Exxon and Chevron (plus subsidiaries), and have since The Valdez. It hasn't shut them down but I feel better about where my money goes (and doesn't).

Since the average age of Fla. residents is 87, who cares?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700734
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.