Agnostic.com

26 3

Advice needed! Atheist dating Christian?

I'm very interested in someone and I feel like she is interested in me. I know she comes from a very strong/sheltered Christian upbringing, goes to church every week, went to a Christian college, and posts Bible verses/Christian related things on Instagram.

She doesn't know I'm an atheist. Only because religion hasn't really come up in conversations and I haven't had a reason to say it. I don't want to waste her time if she's looking for a full on Christian guy, but at the same time I really like her. I know it's bound to come up eventually but I don't know if I should do something about it.

Do I wait to tell her when it comes up, or be upfront about it?
Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

Calvin 4 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My advice tell her off the bat if you get into a relationship with her and months later she finds out she'll see it as a test and if you end up leaving her for it or vice versa she'll think its her fault for not being able to convert you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.