Agnostic.com

7 10

We seem to continue to have our conspiracy theorists on board and some of us are getting tired of this obfuscation of the facts by the non-critical thinkers. An editorial appeared in the Humanist publication ‘Free Inquiry’ titled “A light at the end of the Rabbit Hole Confessions of a recovering conspiracy theorist.” Under the paragraph ‘The Lure of Special Knowledge” is stated ”Commonly, conspiracy theorists feel that there is something meaningful missing from their lives. For some, it’s healthcare; for others, it’s financial security; and for others, it’s disillusionment with the status quo. Conspiracy theories invite the believer to fill those gaps by partaking of secret knowledge and feel empowered with that knowledge, even to feel special. Dopamine is a hell of a drug.”
[secularhumanism.org]

JackPedigo 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep. There are a few real winners here.

Everyone conspires. All my assuming conspiracy theories have come true, With some harm coming to myself, because I refused GW Bush a war sculpture, so he refused my US greencard working in the US. I won't support the conspiracy killing of anykind unless a assistant suicide. Dont support the conspiracy murder in a uniform especially millions of women and children in the middle east over greedy oil. I oppose gay conspiracy that gays were mentally ill. They were locked up, until 1973, some are still in prison today. Also prisoners have grown by 10 time larger since. . Or opposing Marijuana laws that were locking up people in cages greater than any other crime. That went on going for 90 years in Canada. Today it's being rediscover hemp and cannabis is the best medicines known to human kind. Plus produces 10s of thousands of other products, more than any plant on earth. I help a great deal in making it legal in Canada. Today I produce organic health foods and medicine to pets, livestock and people. These alternatives are being replaced with toxic chemicals synthetic garage by eternal profiteering of the greedy globalist. Most common greatness or mastering life is 10,000 hours invested time and pratice into anything.. My mastering is health products and affordable livinging in tiny house community and freedom in the arts professional for 50 years.. I'm not against sheep who love compliance theories fantasy. Or super rich and Government parisite and predators who require slaves. In fact I'm not against anything, not even the lethal injection of covid vaccines, take all of mine and my family's too.. Just not for mandating anything because its a free world. . So please, that wouldn't make me a conspiracy theorists, would it? I Can even appreciate, over obeisance working sheep. You don't belong in the richman club. The club they beat you up with, everyday. So don't be against me, for living my daydream that is actually my real job. I will protect IT from the greedy bastard with all my might.. There is no such thing of what reality is, only prospective. Don't harm and be honest.

Thanks for the link. I found the article to be singularly informative. I previously had no idea of the extent of psychological damage and trauma that was present in conspiracy theorists.

I never bought into such nonsense, this for the simple reason that nobody was ever able to provide any testable evidence to support the corresponding claims.

And yet these people are a part of debunking the biggest conspiracy theory of all - religion.

Interesting read. I'd not heard of alex jones or his info wars and the first time a friend pulled it up on his i-phone and I viewed a mere 30 seconds of that wack job jones and his right winger nutter shtick I was disgusted.
9/11 was horrible and I knew our elected officials would exploit that crisis to it's fullest and they did not disappoint.
I am no stranger to weird non verbal shit happening to me, I think it's because I'm a twin and sensitive to what is going on around me. I had a couple of woo woo weirdness moments in the New Jersey Pine Barrons, never saw the Jersey Devil though.
None of it made me think God, Jesus, ghosts or conspiracies.

Lets see what kind of blowback we get from our site 'pushers.'

I once had moment like that, around 30 years ago. Even as that moment was happening I was aware of it as a neurological disturbance within my own skull.

I went into a bookshop today, and while browsing the shelves, I was horrified to find that they actually have a shelf called "Conspiracy Theories". OK it was only a small shelf, but even so ?!

At least the shelf was not labelled "Current Events"

Conspiracy theories are fascinating, as long as they are read as entertainment!

@Julie808 Just read a report these nuts can actually be dangerous. [news.yahoo.com]

@JackPedigo Yes, definitely! That's what is fueling our domestic terrorism. Entertainment versus true belief - scary for sure!

@Julie808

Some call terrorists, other call freedom fighters. There are a few conspiracy theorists that due lack evidence and may cause harm. What is more harm is compliance theorist like nationalism who are more dangerous the religion. Since all my conspiracy theories have come through, just waiting the US currency collapses and the vaccines lethal injection to be approved as such. Much like how marrijana was public enemy no. 1 and Gays were labeled as a mental illness and locked up with a bunch of other gays. Most people do not have the moral integrity or the independence mind to defy the unethical practice of corrupted authorities.

I'm probably one of them.

So how much damage could you do where you are?

@JackPedigo None! But I refused the vax on the grounds that I feel it was inadequately tested. I had Covid, they say now twice though I only claim once. I am convinced that the government story about 9/11 is wrong if only that it completely fails to explain Building #7. The controlled falls of the twin towers is somewhat suspicious. I believe that Al Gore won his election and Trump did not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.